LX450 horn fix links? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The problem is likely either in the contact in the steering wheel or the wiring at the horn/horn itself. As cheap as horns are, I would just replace the horn with a Hella unit and make sure the wires are good on that end. If it still isn't working -there's your answer.

The problem is likely either in the contact in the steering wheel or the wiring at the horn/horn itself. As cheap as horns are, I would just replace the horn with a Hella unit and make sure the wires are good on that end. If it still isn't working -there's your answer.
thanks. is there a link for fixing the horn if it is steering wheel related? or can you even DIY this repair?

I think CDan spelled it out pretty well in the horn problems post. Not sure if that P/N is for all years. On my 62 and 80, the horn issues were the horn itself.

I think CDan spelled it out pretty well in the horn problems post. Not sure if that P/N is for all years. On my 62 and 80, the horn issues were the horn itself.
hey man.
i must be missing something. i see you posted on there replying to dan’s post saying “wrong thread”? i don’t understand what you are referring to since he does not seem to be referring to a thread.
then his comments seems to be responding to the OP on that thread who finally clarified he has a non airbag 80? mine has an airbag.

“Now that we know what we are working on......
You have no airbag so you do not need to worry about a pillow in your face. Most likely your horn contact pin has worn down to a point where it is not always in contact with the ring on the back of the steering wheel.
You need to remove the steering wheel and then remove the combination switch and replace the horn contact pin (84312-12040).”

I said wrong thread because I meant to reply to you, not CDan.

Read this:

I said wrong thread because I meant to reply to you, not CDan.

Read this:

THANKS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom