LX 600 running board removal (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Has anybody removed their running boards yet on LX600? Is it clean looking? Any pics?
I was going to post the same question today as I’d like to know. I looked underneath and there are some wires (that look like they can be easily relocated) so I didn’t remove them yet.

Just did one side this morning. Pretty easy to remove the black portion and separate from the body color section. The harness can unclip from the running board section. The light actually stays with the upper piece. There is a small plastic push pin on the back that has to be removed. Push the inside upwards. THen unbolt the brackets and starting at the front, push the center piece of the two clips in and start separating the two sections.

This is the push pin at the back. It is installed from the top down at the factory, so when you look up you only see the bottom. Take a small screwdriver and push up on the center and it will push out.

PXL_20231129_163125467.jpg

Unlcip this white clip from the back running board part.

Then remove the bolts that hold the brackets to the body,

PXL_20231129_173812916.jpg

Then start with those clips at the front and push the center in and then separate the two pieces bit by bit. These clips have a positive engagements tang that hold them in.

PXL_20231129_173800680.jpg

Then one by one push the other tabs up to unclip them. They only have a small lip that catches. You do every 2nd one. The others are for alignment.

PXL_20231129_163143142.jpg

There are two additional harness clips to unclip once you have the two pieces separated.
PXL_20231129_163336118.MP.jpg

Does it look clean with it off? Or is it obvious that something has been removed. Do you have a pic of the car with them off

ive noticed the running boards on LC300 are painted better and beefier. LC300 running boards are available for sale if u look up. Sliders obviously better if offroading.

How is the ride of the BP-51? I have been contemplating on this kit, but I heard adjusting the suspension is a pain.
I have these on my Tacoma and the only way I’ve been able to adjust them is with the truck jacked up

I just removed the running boards on my LX600 and it was both easy and in my opinion, looks better. It certainly is easier to get in and out of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom