LX 470 round headlight conversion and grille (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd be curious if it is possible to make the headlight openings a perfect round fit with the lights instead of square/rectangular. Maybe even making the headlights flush with the opening instead of recessed.
That was one that I had as well. I liked the recessed look in general, but I feel a little conflicted about the shapes of the hood bumps next to the squared-off recesses with the round headlines in them. Removing one of the different shapes out of that equation might be good.

I'd be curious if it is possible to make the headlight openings a perfect round fit with the lights instead of square/rectangular. Maybe even making the headlights flush with the opening instead of recessed.
at this point you might want to consider doing a LC front end swap, there's some pretty nice aftermarket light assembly

at this point you might want to consider doing a LC front end swap, there's some pretty nice aftermarket light assembly

No, I love it the way it is, just throwing out ideas for next gen models.

I guess I look at Kelly's option as a huge improvement in light output over style considering most of these trucks are driven daily. I have always placed the value of light output at the very top of my mod list. That's one of the reason I got into retrofitting LX lights but it still surprises me that guys will spend thousands modifying their trucks.... I nice rear bumper is $2500 -$4500 but find spending $1500 to $2000 on lights to rich to see down the road. For those that have purchased Kelly's 80 and LC options and my lights that run $1850 plus understand. I've had so many guys state its one of the best mods they've added and wish they did it sooner. Look I get that you have to like the design and everyone has a budget but when you get in your truck at night and you have modern light output it makes all the difference in the world. Kelly you are and artist and keep up the great work.

Last edited:
I guess I look at Kelly's option as a huge improvement in light output over style considering most of these trucks are driven daily. I have always placed the value of light output at the very top of my mod list. That's one of the reason I got into retrofitting LX lights but it still surprises me that guys will spend thousands modifying their trucks.... I nice rear bumper is $2500 -$4500 but find spending $1500 to $2000 on lights to rich to see down the road. For those that have purchased Kelly's 80 and LC options and my lights that run $1850 plus understand. I've had so many guys state its one of the best mods they've added and wish they did it sooner. Look I get that you have to like the design and everyone has a budget but when you get in your truck at night and you have modern light output it makes all the difference in the world. Kelly you are and artist and keep up the great work.
Wow! Thanks a ton, I truly appreciate the compliments!

I'd like to organize this so we can move forward. The current list of interested people are below. It sounds like @kelly saad is willing to do the builds we have at least 4 folks commit. So we basically need 3 more before we can move forward.

If you all want to try and get this started again let me know. If I can get 6 buyers then I will do it. The whole kit will be $1250, the same as the 80 and 100 series kits. I keep getting interest so from people occasionally so I would like to dive in if possible.

I’m ready. 4-5 buyers and I will order parts to be cut.
I still have some interest in this, or one of @Luke111 ‘s retrofits for my 99 LX470. That vehicle is miserable on low beams, on country roads, at night.

No word for @TxNative00. I have someone that is interested other than everyone in this thread, so that would make 3 if @Rio Sunset and @jLB are in? Can you both confirm? Then we only need a couple more. Sounds like a broken record.

No word for @TxNative00. I have someone that is interested other than everyone in this thread, so that would make 3 if @Rio Sunset and @jLB are in? Can you both confirm? Then we only need a couple more. Sounds like a broken record.

I’ve got some unplanned home expenses. I’m in, but would prefer it to be in 21-30 days.

Ok thats 3. Still not enough. Broken record. 1 more and I will do it.
Keep me on the list, as the flaky guy, that if timing is right, with other expenses…

Last edited:
Ok,
@Rio Sunset
@TxNative00
@jLB

We have a 4th as of today. If everyone can commit and pay on my website then it’s a go. I can make a link for you all to pay. Let me know, we all have to be a team here :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom