LX 470 round headlight conversion and grille (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kelly saad

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Installed the first one today. It was a prototype that I made fit correctly. There are a couple minor things I would adjust to the DXF file but it’s good to go. It’s a two piece grille and the top section is bolted to the hood. Fits a 98-02 and possibly all years but have not been able to test that yet.

If I could get 10 orders for a group buy then I would sell them at a discounted price of $750. Anyone interested send a PM to get on a list. If I cannot get 10 orders then I will not be offering this for sale yet.

If you think it’s hideous, I completely understand. Better pics soon.

29AC06BD-CA4E-4E9D-A72F-809933B88CCE.jpeg

This might be my favorite upgrade yet! The grill is a HUGE improvement and the low beam headlights are amazing. Here are a couple more pictures:

1601838038894.png

1601838180843.png

If I could get 10 orders for a group buy then I would sell them at a discounted price of $750. Anyone interested send a PM to get on a list. If I cannot get 10 orders then I will not be offering this for sale yet.

I'm curious how many you have on your list, including myself.

hm well, it's certainly different!

Do you have any pics of the original headlights with the new grill? Or would that not work?

Installed the first one today. It was a prototype that I made fit correctly. There are a couple minor things I would adjust to the DXF file but it’s good to go. It’s a two piece grille and the top section is bolted to the hood. Fits a 98-02 and possibly all years but have not been able to test that yet.

If you think it’s hideous, I completely understand. Better pics soon.

View attachment 2453976

I wouldn't call it beautiful, but I might enjoy the modern lighting...
1) Is this expected to work with an OE bumper?​
2) For this group buy, are there any options, or just as pictured?​
3) I assume the $750 figure is "bare metal"?​

I wouldn't call it beautiful, but I might enjoy the modern lighting...
1) Is this expected to work with an OE bumper?​
2) For this group buy, are there any options, or just as pictured?​
3) I assume the $750 figure is "bare metal"?​
I wouldn’t call it beautiful either. It will work with factory bumper. Any air flow design and emblem that is on the website. $750 is bare metal.

+1 I think this is cool. The engineering that went into it must be significantly more involved than a 100 series conversion.

I wouldn’t call it beautiful either. It will work with factory bumper. Any air flow design and emblem that is on the website. $750 is bare metal.

If you start getting close to your "10", I'll take a chance.

While I don't particularly care about the emblems, I would be interested in aux light options.

I may want a set. My LX got into a front end collision so I’ve got broken headlamps and trim. I realize you have already have designed the lamps for 7” rounds, but would 5”x 7” recrangular work better and maybe look better? Its difficult with hood line to make them look as good as the LC100.
i am interested if the group discount is a go.

Do you have the surround for a stock LX470 headlights?

I may want a set. My LX got into a front end collision so I’ve got broken headlamps and trim. I realize you have already have designed the lamps for 7” rounds, but would 5”x 7” recrangular work better and maybe look better? Its difficult with hood line to make them look as good as the LC100.
i am interested if the group discount is a go.
It is not happening. Not enough interest, so I am not going to be selling these. Thanks anyway, and good luck with your repairs.

I’m interested in these for my lx470
Also still interested.
I have considered this again. I’m so busy though, I can’t really deal with anything new. If 4 buyers want to commit, then I will build 4 kits. They will be $1500 per order, I’m not discounting anything, these are a TON of work and lots of parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom