LX 470/LC100 first-hand experience: Kings vs AHC (soft setting)? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you have a reference for this by chance? Concerning the life of the "shocks?"

I have replaced all four of my 'shocks.' On the front, the bushings wore out and allowed the shock shaft to wear through, causing a leak. Replaced both front shocks around 150k miles.

On the rear, one of of the shaft seals started leaking/weeping despite pressures being in spec. Replaced both rears at 175k miles.

Both of these issues caused my truck to regularly 'pump up' after being parked for a bit, which was my first indication something wasn't quite right.

I have new OEM globes ready to install should it become an issue, but as of right now, the globes are in great shape.

As always, YMMV.

Hi,
I'm in the same situation where I want to increase the car payload capacity. I have RRT, 2 paddle boards, 4 bikes, camping gear, 4 adults, and some camping gear. Can I replaced the lx470 spring with king spring? If so, can you provide me the model number? TIA.

Hi,
I'm in the same situation where I want to increase the car payload capacity. I have RRT, 2 paddle boards, 4 bikes, camping gear, 4 adults, and some camping gear. Can I replaced the lx470 spring with king spring? If so, can you provide me the model number? TIA.
My truck has a trekboxx, fridge, pioneer platform and JB RTT. No armour or winch. I found the Kings springs were inadequate (1.0mpa above max spec) when I loaded up for camping (wouldn’t go to high mode) but otherwise they worked well.

I think there’s only one model for AHC 100’s - KTRS79.

I have since moved to used non-ahc 100 springs and they’re perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom