Ls3 e-rod in 1995 and older only for CARB referees? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nukegoat

Should have bought a Jeep
SILVER Star
Threads
Are the 1995s the ideal year for v8 swaps in CA because we can get the erod ls3 because no obd2?

This may explain why Joe rogan ended up with a 1995

Yup, the erod swaps are 1995 and below for CARB. Like you mention is most likely due to the OBD2.

Yup, the erod swaps are 1995 and below for CARB. Like you mention is most likely due to the OBD2.
What about the gvwr issue?

That I’m not sure about. I know the engine pull out swaps have to be in the same type of vehicle. Like the Camaro LS cannot go into a SUV. Vice versa.

That I’m not sure about. I know the engine pull out swaps have to be in the same type of vehicle. Like the Camaro LS cannot go into a SUV. Vice versa.
I believe that is the case with OBD2, where the computer retrieves the vehicle's name and data from the ECU. The 3RZ swap guys here in California grab T100 and Tacoma motors and stick them in their 22RE 4Runners.

I thought 95-97 was OBD2. Regardless, Joe Rogan always makes sound life choices.

*bump*

Evening Mud:flipoff2:

Does anyone know if the LS3 erod sway in California for a 1995 to 1997 has Changed?

Was it age or year? Now that the 1997 80 series is 25 years old is LS3 swappable?

Why does your state gaf what engine you put in your truck?

Sorry not helpful, please continue.
Because it's the occupied state of California full of wokeness that wants maximum control and profit on the backs of all.

Love the weather, but hate the politics.

Please disregard my midnight ranting.

Hope you do exactly whatever the F you want with your vehicle.
No worries it's all good:flipoff2:

I was gearing up to order a 1fz short block new from the factory and just having it for when the time comes. I realized I should explore all my options before committing to that.

I'm looking at an evaluating LS3, 1HT-FTE, Cummins 2.8, and building a brand spanking new 1FZ.

I'll probably end up the 1fz route but the LS3 sure does look sexy. 425 hp and torque sounds amazing.

I thought I should at least explore the option prior to committing to a 1fz

No worries it's all good:flipoff2:

I was gearing up to order a 1fz short block new from the factory and just having it for when the time comes. I realized I should explore all my options before committing to that.

I'm looking at an evaluating LS3, 1HT-FTE, Cummins 2.8, and building a brand spanking new 1FZ.

I'll probably end up the 1fz route but the LS3 sure does look sexy. 425 hp and torque sounds amazing.

I thought I should at least explore the option prior to committing to a 1fz
I think a Cummins 2.8 would be a dog in a big 80, but I have no experience that would be helpful. I like the 1fz. But V8 swaps are dope too. Like I said not helpful 😆

By dog I mean, I don’t think it would get out of it’s own way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom