Lower Control Arm Recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok, that makes more sense. We don't exactly agree but we're a lot closer! :D

@D_Web mind sharing what you went with and if you're happy with the choice? My bushings are shot and while I could find aftermarket bushings I think a whole upgrade is a better idea. Was looking at the SPC from Slee but now after reading your debacle with SPC front uppers I will not be purchasing anything from that brand. Considering either Metaltech or OME now, both adjustable and comparable price (Metaltech are on sale $60 off until the end of the month).

Faced same dilemma — shot bushings. Running the Slee SPC lower control arms. Only a couple thousand miles, but far so good.

I ended up with the SPC. I didn't realise at the time, but the bent LCA was also an SPC. Obviously I'll never buy another one of their products again.

I made a set of rear lowers out of .250 DOM with a johnny joint on one end and a factory bushing on the other. If you have the old style tube links, just cut the end off of them and the bushing housing slips in the 1.5" id tube. Cost about $200 for the joints, inserts, toyota bushings, and tube. Planning on doing the same for the uppers and lowers on my 100 series.

IMG_20190623_192005898~2.jpg

I have metaltech uppers that are so-so. The rear suspension on these trucks has way to much bind for polyurethane bushings in my opinion. puts a lot of stress on the brackets. I went through a set of poly bushings in those in about 15k miles, they need to be greased every oil change. The Johnny joints are still in great shape and keep grease in grease well

I made a set of rear lowers out of .250 DOM with a johnny joint on one end and a factory bushing on the other. If you have the old style tube links, just cut the end off of them and the bushing housing slips in the 1.5" id tube. Cost about $200 for the joints, inserts, toyota bushings, and tube. Planning on doing the same for the uppers and lowers on my 100 series.

View attachment 2068109

I have metaltech uppers that are so-so. The rear suspension on these trucks has way to much bind for polyurethane bushings in my opinion. puts a lot of stress on the brackets. I went through a set of poly bushings in those in about 15k miles, they need to be greased every oil change. The Johnny joints are still in great shape and keep grease in grease well

Pay attention if you go large tubing on the uppers. I went large tubing on the uppers and now I have contact with the tubing on the sides of the bracket.

Went with Dobinsons adjustable upper control arms. They have rubber bushings. So far so good.

I just got all this stuff from Jason at Trail Tailor. He builds all of this himself, so you could call and ask him questions if you had any. I’m impressed with the rears, they are really tough, built like a tank, super heavy. His rears normally are black I believe, but I requested red. I am removing my upper SPC’s and replacing with these TT, they look much higher quality. Although, my SPC uppers have been totally fine for 4 years, absolutely no issues. I will be giving them to a friend that needs them. Now I just need some time to install all this awesome stuff! My rear bushings are beyond trashed!

B180E24A-AE91-4C9E-B184-D2F145AC6B50.jpeg

Because my LCA and UCA are in good shape I've just decided to order OEM bushings from Cruiser Outfitters but I've been playing phone tag for awhile trying to get the order placed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom