Low vibration at 60-70mph (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is there any oil leaking around the transfer case? It might be time for an overhaul.
i noticed a little, not dripping, but evidence of leaking a bit, from the seal from the TCase, and a tad from the speedo

Is there any oil leaking around the transfer case? It might be time for an overhaul.
can the Tcase be removed w/out pulling the whole transmission? i read somewhere that you have to take both out at the same time....which i guess would let me do a clutch (even though the clutch is fine)..but would rather just pull the Tcase and get it sorted out if possible. but there is play in that side of the drive shaft, up /down and side to side....albeit very little play....

can the Tcase be removed w/out pulling the whole transmission? i read somewhere that you have to take both out at the same time....which i guess would let me do a clutch (even though the clutch is fine)..but would rather just pull the Tcase and get it sorted out if possible. but there is play in that side of the drive shaft, up /down and side to side....albeit very little play....
Unfortunately the case is affixed to the transmission using bolts whose heads are inside the case. This means it has to be disassembled while it’s attached to the transmission. It’s possible to do that without pulling the transmission by spending lots of time under the truck. :)

Unfortunately the case is affixed to the transmission using bolts whose heads are inside the case. This means it has to be disassembled while it’s attached to the transmission. It’s possible to do that without pulling the transmission by spending lots of time under the truck. :)
Gotcha so I may just enjoy it for a few months since I’ve only had her for a few days and then maybe this summer tackle it!!rebuild kits are a couple hundred bucks and who knows I might even find a good 5speed to swap out. Don’t want to do the job twice ! The 5th gear would be nice!

In a pinch, you could rebuild it with the transmission still mounted, however, that would be the kind of thing you do on the trail if you absolutely had no other choice and it would be a nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom