Low Profile Roof Rack Under 4” (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve searched quite a bit here in the forum and haven’t found a solution so I’m hoping a fellow mudder has. My 40 with lift is about 6’7”. I have a standard 7’ garage door - so I’m looking for a low profile solution for the truck. Any ideas?

28A053E7-BF52-4ADA-A449-F1471E62E06D.jpeg

005.JPG
I had the old con-ferr port hole rack and had to cut it down to like 2" to fit in my garage. The forty with sagged 2 1/2" lift with 33/10.50/15 tires clear the opening. Seems there was a time when you couldn't hardly give that rack away and now they're becoming more desirable. Mark used to have a few NOS racks. Don't know his situation now. Before cutting mine down I bought some electrical "strut" and used the con fere rain gutter clamps for mounting to my rig. Basically a poor man's Yakima system. Worked well for kayaks, surfboards etc. Seems a guy could build off of that platform and come up with something?

They make many different profiles of the extruded aluminum material too, build your own style. I don't recall the brand but there's a website that has all the materials, fittings, and inserts. The 120 series guys seem to be all hot on it. That's about as low profile as you can get, just need good gutter clamps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom