Low Fuel Light - not turning ON (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My Low Fuel Light is not turning ON when empty. Fuel Gauge is working fine, and pretty sure I reached the very low as I have filled up a few times 23-24 gallons.

I pulled the cluster and the bulb is actually OK

Any ideas ? Thanks !

Some info on that can be had in a recently active thread titled

Fuel Pump Filter Replacement

My Low Fuel Light is not turning ON when empty. Fuel Gauge is working fine, and pretty sure I reached the very low as I have filled up a few times 23-24 gallons.

I pulled the cluster and the bulb is actually OK

Any ideas ? Thanks !
The light should come on with about 5 gallons left. Maybe a new sending unit?

Some info on that can be had in a recently active thread titled

Fuel Pump Filter Replacement
Thanks ! I think i have a bad thermistor. Now need to find a replacement

I have the opposite problem, mine won't turn OFF (at any level).

Fuel gauge is accurate and works fine.

Just tossing this into the discussion, the Fuel gauge needle on my 96 FZJ80 doesn't go a couple of needle widths above the Full mark after a complete fill-up like it used to. The needle stops at the Full line; I'm assuming it's the Fuel Sender also. The low fuel level warning light however does appear to come when it should (5 gallons remaining). Guess these Fuel Senders are starting to show their age (at 370,000 miles). FWIW.

Last edited:
Just tossing this into the discussion, the Fuel gauge needle on my 96 FZJ80 doesn't go a couple of needle widths above the Full mark after a complete fill-up as it used to. The needle stops at the Full line; I'm assuming it's the Fuel Sender also. The low fuel level warning light however does appear to come when it should (5 gallons remaining). Guess these Fuel Senders are starting to show their age (at 370,000 miles). FWIW.
370k miles? Awesome. I’m 100k short, but just ordered the sending unit since I have the oem pad and oem pump ready for install. I am fixing what’s not broken. 🤪

370k miles? Awesome. I’m 100k short, but just ordered the sending unit since I have the oem pad and oem pump ready for install. I am fixing what’s not broken. 🤪

I keep waiting for my fuel pump to start having problems before replacing the entire thing (fuel pump and sending unit), but the darn thing just keeps on going. Original fuel pump....325K miles and 24 years.

Sending unit replacement for the win! Its an easy fix! Even @CYKBC is doing his! ;)

Sending unit replacement for the win! Its an easy fix! Even @CYKBC is doing his! ;)

You're right of course. But might as well just replace both while I'm in there.

Got about 9,000 other projects going on right now. Rebuilding the engine for my Zero Turn at present. Damn grass is growing about an inch a day. So that's the highest priority. Otherwise I'm going to have to get the tractor out. :frown:

RBB3.jpg

RBB10.jpg

You're right of course. But might as well just replace both while I'm in there.

Got about 9,000 other projects going on right now. Rebuilding the engine for my Zero Turn at present. Damn grass is growing about an inch a day. So that's the highest priority. Otherwise I'm going to have to get the tractor out. :frown:

View attachment 2659858
View attachment 2659861
Detailed as usual!! Looking good flint. Must be nice having all that great grass growing weather ;)

@CYKBC definitely has me thinking I should've done my fuel pump when I did my sending unit. But it's pretty easy to get to fortunately.

Detailed as usual!! Looking good flint. Must be nice having all that great grass growing weather ;)

@CYKBC definitely has me thinking I should've done my fuel pump when I did my sending unit. But it's pretty easy to get to fortunately.
Yo bonus takumi points for the person who gets the OEM part number for that hose piece on pump with the two clamps. 😁

Yo bonus takumi points for the person who gets the OEM part number for that hose piece on pump with the two clamps. 😁
23239-11010 💥

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom