Low charging rate ? mean green alternator? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.badlandsexpeditions.wordpress.com
It seems that the stock smart alternator is not charging my dual battery system as it should. The voltmeter rarely gets over 13.3 I don't see the aux battery getting any high voltage when it is low.

Has anyone tried this alternator?

I've seen an fuse replacement from Australia that offers .5 volt increase but that does not seem much.

I'm used to my FJ60 charging my batteries , when low at 14 volts and not 13.3 or 13.6

Do you have a DC-DC charger in your setup?

A single charging source is not capable of detecting and charging two different batteries at two different states of charge. The first battery charged will cause the smart alternator/charger to respond and reduce output.

I can't see which model year you have, but if you have one that works with the diode mod, there is also a variable version that lets you adjust your output from 0-1v in 0.2v increments. At least one member here has one (it's where I learned about it).

Sorry . I left out important information. I have a 2013 200 Series with a National Luna dual battery charging system.

I've heard about the MK4 booster and that is an option. I just doubt I'd get one soon enough before I leave on my trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom