2016+ Wireless charging area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone else think it’s a waste of space?

I never use mine cause it sucks.

Does anyone know of anything to use that space better? More cup holders or anything?!

My new iPhone max doesn’t fit. Wife’s 13 fits. I like the idea of it, better then what my raptor had

100% agree. Haven't used it once. I've been wondering if I can pull it out or at least disable it because I'd like to put a scangauge there or use it for pistol storage. Or both? 🤔

Whenever my phone or my wife's phone is "charging" there, it actually makes the phone get hot and depletes the battery faster. I use that area for the USB cable that connects to my EC Offroard android auto / carplay unit behind the dash (so the door can be closed to keep the cable hidden when not in use). I think another person used that location for their Switchpros panels, which is a good idea, too.

20210803_182404.jpg

You can see from this photo that the charging module takes up quite a bit of space below that area. If you removed it, you could free up enough space to potentially hold something much larger than what currently fits there. (I don't know if that module contains other necessary computer smarts other than the charger, though.)

20210803_175932_charger.jpg

Total waste IMHO for 2 reasons:
  1. You can't see your phone to use say, Google maps, as you're driving.
  2. It doesn't work, at least for me, because my phone is too big.

It works for me, but only for a short time because my phone over heats charging like that, in that location

Works for me. Fits. Charges my phone. Gets warm to the touch when charging. Then again, Android is the Land Cruiser of the cell phone world.

Wasted effort/money for reasons above. I use it for cord storage.

Someone needs to make a 3d printed cup holder or tray that fits inside. Or some sort of contraption. I’d buy it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom