lovely lx (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
slipping transmission, buzzing transfer case, pulsing brakes, and now the moon roof is stuck with the rear flipped up. this was after it wouldnt close all day. all this in 500 miles. glad it aint rainin' tonight.

ohhhhh what a feeling. toyota (lexus).

im most concerned about the roof. i bet this aint covered by the warranty. fxxxers.

my fleet of ford 3/4 ton vans run better. and they get beat. good thing i took the time to find a model w/o the nav screen. :rolleyes:

shoulda bought the e320 4matic.

Bad Luck!!!

Sounds like a crappy build.

sounds like neglect from the owner...fords definately arent better. Stop hatin on us 100 owners ;)

Heh anyways, did you check the fuse for the sunroof? Pulsing brakes huh? When was the last time there was service done on them? Buzzing transfer case = normal due to the shift boot or something. Slipping transmisison, when was the last time the fluid was changed?

I am going to agree with LOUD on this. If you and the PO have done all the maintinance I would be very shocked to hear these reports, but it would seem from my experiance that thier is nothing that couldnot have been avoided, it is very unfortunate for you to find all of these things at once. I went thought something similar very shortly after I bught my LC, PO just changed the OIL, it cost me almost 5K to do everything. Brakes, tires, fluids, shock, tubes,plugs etc. I was not happy. Dealer said it was my fault. I warped the brakes. Not the bolt that was improperly installed. either way it runs great now. Sorry to hear about your luck.And while the E class is Merc's best product in the reliabilty corner, I think you would have found yourself dismayed at the number of times you would have to have it serviced/repaired, and the costs are terribly out of line with competition because they don't think they have any. My dads business partner is a die hard Merc fan, and he got rid of and S class for the E but still, they gave him a camry for a 300.00 regular maintinance. that should tell you something.

slipping transmission, buzzing transfer case, pulsing brakes, and now the moon roof is stuck with the rear flipped up. this was after it wouldnt close all day. all this in 500 miles. glad it aint rainin' tonight.

ohhhhh what a feeling. toyota (lexus).

im most concerned about the roof. i bet this aint covered by the warranty. fxxxers.

my fleet of ford 3/4 ton vans run better. and they get beat. good thing i took the time to find a model w/o the nav screen. :rolleyes:

Sell it you got a lemon.

i think he just bought it. its not a lemon per say...just extremely neglected by the previous owner. Give it some TLC(no not toyota land cruiser) and it should be back in shape pretty soon.

If the transmission is slipping, what can be done to make sure it does not fail? Can old tranny fluid itself cause tranny to slip?

Could also be wrong tranny fluid by some cheapo shop like Jiffy Lube. Since it's a lexus, you can have any dealer download the full lexus service records. That way at least you have an idea of what dealer maintenance was done. If none, the guy either had a cheapo shop do it or did nothing at all.

Could also be wrong tranny fluid by some cheapo shop like Jiffy Lube. Since it's a lexus, you can have any dealer download the full lexus service records. That way at least you have an idea of what dealer maintenance was done. If none, the guy either had a cheapo shop do it or did nothing at all.

thats what im thinking. the truck came from OHIO. land of the stupid, and people that do 55 in the passing lane. (take a chill ohiostanians) so... the person bought it and lexus has no service records. the owner may not have had a local dealer, and took it to a schmoe. (on previous threads i was asking how to tell the proper toy fluid from dex 3.)

it was super clean, and the dealer gave me a powertrain warranty for the next 17000 miles. the lexus dealer here has a great reputation. so i said WTF. paid cash.

i wasnt pissed till the sunroof went. that wont be covered. grrrrrr. everything else should be fixable. i may have them do the 90k service 7k early to cheer them up.

the salesman also knows that if i dont go to town on this one and off road it, ill probably trade it in on a newer one soon. plus my dad, the company figure head, needs a new rig, so im thinking of getting him an ES. things get done when a sales manager smells repeat business. i was hoping i could build up a good relationship prior to whacking them with warranty work, but that aint gonna happen.

It might be flood damaged. All this symptom are very common to water damaged vehicles. The electrical become temperamental since some terminal and ground lose contact due to rust.

The brake might be because it spend an extended time under water and cause the slider bolt or some of the piston become frozen.

Ohio do get flooding from time to time.

Just about any state east of the Rockies gets major flooding every now and now, especially Texas, Midwest, and New England. Best chance at no moisture damage or rust is a vehicle from the Southwest. Used vehicles from the SW cost more because of it.

hey i know how you feel my 06 had all sort of problems but i have to say after everything that went wrong then fixed by the dealership i have had no problems for the past 18k miles so maybe this one was just fixed by a local mechanic or somethng like that also i live in jersey close to philadelphia and we had have some real flodding issues here in parts that are not prone to flooding so anything can happen

it had a clean carfax, so, i really dont know any other way to check for flood damage.

theres lotsa salt in the winters around these parts, as a result the ebrake situation doesnt surprise me, its common.

Sherriff, I was gonna say something nice until I saw your crack about Ohio :flipoff2: :D

Seriously, if it was flooded it will be hard to tell. But I really doubt it was. I had a 95 Maxima that I took from Cleveland to New Orleans, and every mechanic that ever saw it said, "This thing's been flooded. See all that rust under there?" It hadn't been, the salty winters up here just do that.

The transmission slipping is the only worrisome problem. Pulsing brakes need attention, probably warped rotors (I also had to replace 2 rotors and 4 calipers when I bought my 100 last year), the sunroof is either a fuse or one of those electrical things that just breaks. And you're right, the salt freezes every ebrake in this part of the country, but that can be fixed with about 1.5 hours labor. I really hope things smooth our for you, though. It seems like a number of us have had some growing pains when we first got into these things.

Epilogue - The Maxima flooded in New Orleans (pre-Katrina) and got totaled because of it. All it took was 5 inches of water in the floorpan, and the ECM, ABS, and SRS computers, all under the driver's seat, got screwed.

ok.

the transmission is a figment of my imagination. but thats under warranty, so i figured that.

the ebrake just needs adjusted.

all the rotors are slightly warped. there are chinese pads on the rig.

annnnnd..... drum roll please....

they want 1600 (1000+ parts rest labor) to fix the sunroof. says the motor and cables need replaced. (mighty pricey motor and cables) odd. the roof ISNT cockeyed. and the motor is trying to lower it. the glass is bending a bit when it tries. something is jamming it. i dont think they know what the problem is, so theyre just selling me parts at a premium while they take it apart to see whats up.

looks like ill be going elsewhere for service in the future...

I had an E430. While it was a lot of fun to drive, it was having issues on a consistent basis.

Mercedes now has the honor of being at the absolute bottom of the Consumer Reports reliability rankings.

they let me off at 1400.oo how nice of them.

i will never open the sunroof again!!!

they let me off at 1400.oo how nice of them.

i will never open the sunroof again!!!

After reading your story, neither will I.

Knowing the absolute lack of bounds to my stupidity, I am sure that it will be opened at some point though, really....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom