lovely lx (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

is there a warranty on their repair?

nope. powertrain only.

i tried to meet them half way, id cover the labor, and the parts at their parts cost. they knocked it from 1600 to 1400.

i didnt even have the truck for a month. i pay cash. you woulda thought "repeat business" would have been going thru their heads, not cornholeing.

I've yet to open my sunroof in my LX, and the last time I opened the sunroof in the prelude was 4 yrs ago. Frankly, I don't like the sun hitting my head. I don't even open the ceiling porthole cover to allow light in through the closed sunroof. Since one can't seem to buy a SUV today w/o a sunroof, the only thing important to me is that it doesn't rob me of precious headroom, and the 100 has plenty of headroom. Sunroofs should be banned, along with automatic transmission. :)

I've only had it for three weeks, but I open it up every time I drive. The kids love it.

Sounds like they are wanting to replace basically everything instead of finding the problem. Get yourself a good ladder, and take a look. Maybe it is just something jammed in there like a twig that you can pull out with pliers, or blow it out with some air.

I would bet the repair on the sunroof is very minor, especially if it looks like it is trying to work. My local Toy dealer tried to sell me a new headlight sensor system for $800 too, after I had to explain how it should work. I said "no" and then looked under the dash and found the sensor had simply fallen from it's mount. I snapped it back in place and it works great. 10 minutes of my time versus $800 of theirs!

Mechanics should not be allowed to scape out of diagnosis by simply replacing everything.

OTOH I use my sunroof every day, 3/4 of the year. All you need to do is lube it where the owner's manual suggests, and it works great. There is also a manual crank somewhere in the truck that you can use as a back up. If you know you are not going to use the roof, crank it closed and leave it, for $0.00. If it will not crank closed, then something is in the way, simple as that.

ohtay. they just called. i didnt express my doubts to them about 3 parts being bad, but apparently i was right. the only piece they replaced was the motor. cruiser dan came up with pricing today, so the deduct of 400 for not having to replace the cables was spot on.

i only got hit for 1g in the end.... not happy... but not sad either.

Now zim, use your roof now that is going to get fixed...no reason to spend 1G on something and not use it.

I've yet to open my sunroof in my LX, and the last time I opened the sunroof in the prelude was 4 yrs ago. Frankly, I don't like the sun hitting my head. I don't even open the ceiling porthole cover to allow light in through the closed sunroof. Since one can't seem to buy a SUV today w/o a sunroof, the only thing important to me is that it doesn't rob me of precious headroom, and the 100 has plenty of headroom. Sunroofs should be banned, along with automatic transmission. :)
I agree, only time mine has been opened was the day I bought it just to see if it worked. Don't open the cover either. I do think you lose some headroom though. Back when they were a true option on the 100 LC the headroom specs were about 2" less if you had the sunroof if I remember right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom