Loss of acceleration - ATRC / VSC Lights- Cold weather. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I posted this in the 80 Series earliey mistake as the issue was similar when I searched my problem. - that link is below if needed.

However here is the timeline of events.

Friday -washed truck ( touchless drive through ) then drove truck 75 miles from 8F to ski mountain where overnight temps got to -2F plus windchill maybe -15F.

Saturday evening: (2F plus wind chill) truck started _went approx 200 yards - (did not notice no throttle response at this point). Stopped to check H and L gears and pushed Center Diff on. (First time to do this since owning the truck) VSC TRAC and VSC Off came on. Turned Center diff off. VSC TRAC and VSC Off stayed on. Applied gas, then noticed no throttle response but engine was around 1000rpm. Coolant and oil temps were mid range. PWR button was also stuck on.

Checked throttle cable- not moving when accelerator pressed but would rev when moved by hand. With pedal to floor RPM’s would go to 3500.

Managed to limp back to starting point in this mode. Went to eat and started truck 1 hr later and had throttle response. VSC TRAC and VSC Off lights and PWR still on. Left it for the night.

Sunday morning: (2F plus wind chill) - Started no problem. Got PWR button unstuck. Same issue -no throttle response and VSC TRAC and VSC Off lights still on.

Disconnect batter and pulled the EFI relay and let sit for 10 minutes. Reinstalled relay and reconnected battery. Truck started and VSC TRAC and VSC off lights cleared. Throttle response returned and truck is drove back with no lights on so far. - Update went for a drive two hours and all still seems fine.

Maybe there was several things going on at once, but as I cleared codes can I be confident I actually have Active Trac and VSC? Also if anyone has any insight into why there would be not throttle response and why it would then return would be much appreciated. Thanks

Cruiser in crawl mode please help

First photo was RPM in park, 2nd was RPM in Drive.

IMG_4423.jpeg

IMG_4422.jpeg

Yes, I pulled the EFI relay and let it sit for 10 minutes, and then started it and let it warm up. I think it had to do with the severe cold and possibly some water getting frozen after I washed it the previous evening. Had no problems this past weekend in cold conditions. The ECT power and 2nd buttons were sticking because there was gunk in there. Are you in cold conditions?

Ok. Noted. No. I’m on a hot country. Dubai. I think mine is an throttle sensor. I just removed and changed. Let’s see. I will keep posted.
Update 3: I changed:

1..throttle position sensor (no luck)
2. MAF sensor (no luck )

Weird thing is when I press the brake and press the gas there is no acceleration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom