For Sale Los Angeles: 1997 Lexus LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX450
Mileage
Color
Tan
Hey MUD - it is finally time to sell my FZJ80. This community was a huge help in my build and I would love to see it go to a good home. Only reason I am selling is because I barely drive it (more on that below). Some of you will remember the debacle that this rig created for me when I bought it - the engine threw a rod bearing on my drive home from the purchase but as per great advice here I ended up effectively putting almost everything new into the engine bay including the long block (and i am glad i did - it has been a blast). 2 young kids and tandem parking at my house are reducing cruiser use to a couple trips to the river in AZ per year and infrequent trips from house to the beach. Time to let it go to a better home.

I tried to be as detailed as possible here because it felt terrible being on the receiving end of a bad deal when I bought this and I never want to put someone in that position particularly from MUD. Please message me for any additional info or pics and I am happy to share.

Price: $18,000

NOT Triple Locked

184,309 miles on the body (replaced long block at acquisition)

I bought this during in spring of 2020 as a project car at 178k miles and in 3 years have only driven it 6k miles. CA owned its entire life, zero rust and zero leaks anywhere (I replaced long block and every hose and have done birf service). Just got back from a 6-hour trip to AZ, you can drive this across the country and park it in anyone’s driveway. I thought I would keep this forever but I simply do not drive it enough to justify keeping it anymore.

What I have done:

• Replaced long block with OEM FZJ JDM long block
  • Only parts from old engine that were used were AC and Alternator – every other part was purchased new OEM (water pump, oil pressure sensor, heater control valve, etc.)
  • New Radiator
  • Complete baseline of every fluid (I change oil every 4-6 months as miles are irrelevant for me)
  • Every hose in engine bay is new (yes, including PHH)
  • Birf Service on both sides (new bearings and birfs as well)
  • New engine mounts
  • New injectors (kept old ones in event someone wants to clean and re-use them)
  • New Battery
  • Removed bad viscous coupler from transfer case
  • New rear pads and rotors
  • New OEM calipers all the way around with EZ bleed valves
  • Removed roof rack and filled holes
  • Cup holders
  • Center Diff Lock Button (so you can use diff lock in 4H)
  • Installed tow package
  • OME steering stabilizer
  • New tie rod ends
  • Replaced the leaky Speedo on transfer case
  • E-break rebuilt
  • Rear axle seals replaced
  • AC blows very cold
  • Replaced seat gears
What is wrong with it:

• Paint – the paint on hood and roof are down to primer and VERY bad (sides are actually in great condition). My intention was to paint the truck originally but after going to the desert a bit I liked not worrying about scratching it.
  • Dash is cracked in several places. Dash mat in use now.
  • Steering wheel needs to be re-wrapped. Has a cover on it now.
  • ABS light is on but my understanding is this is common
What I would do if I kept it:

• Get steering box serviced. Steering is soft as you would expect for a 25 year old truck.
  • Replace charcoal canister. Gas tank has a small amount of pressure when removing cap
  • Replace break booster. No issues breaking at all but are a bit spongier than I’d like.
  • Replace AC unit bearing. When AC is on there is a very slight vibration from one of the bearings.

60988410030--6E4C8DE0-90A8-4B6F-A6C8-9B6AA8C04C51.JPG

IMG-0547.JPG

IMG-2455.jpg

IMG-2461.jpg

IMG-3751.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom