Looking to buy. Rust Question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys! Happy Friday. I am looking at the LX570

I saw this rust underneath. The vehicle is originally from NY. Is this grounds to run? I want it to last 300k. Will be my wife’s for 2 years then become mine as a daily driver. Anything else I should look out for? Thank you!

IMG_7587.jpeg

IMG_7586.jpeg

IMG_7585.jpeg

The undercarriage looks excellent. Nothing to worry about. If you want to see real rust, visit the older Landcruiser forums.
Thank you for your input! I’m rocking an 07 Corolla about to hit 200K miles, it’s time for an upgrade. Hard to fit 250 pounds in there now, im moving to a mountain area Reliability and 4x4 is a must.

Thank you for your input! I’m rocking an 07 Corolla about to hit 200K miles, it’s time for an upgrade. Hard to fit 250 pounds in there now, im moving to a mountain area Reliability and 4x4 is a must.

The later year 9th gen Corollas are legends! We have an 06 CE, 5 speed - we've had it forever. It's a mini tank. No screens or tech bullsh!t. So easy to work on and modify - you can DIY almost everything.

Super light and fun to drive, esp. with the manual. Every time I get in it after driving my 100 series for a while it's like a breath of fresh air being able to zip around town in that thing.

Now don't get me wrong, obviously a corolla is no land cruiser. But it is just as reliable, and also cheap to run and maintain - which the Land cruiser is not.

Do what I did, get a land cruiser AND keep the corolla!

I'd want to see more pictures, but that looks relatively serviceable from what I can see. You can replace LCA's and the transmission skid. I'd want to see the AHC hardware, which will be more problematic to fix than what's in the pictures.

Honestly, I’d have to see more photos to consider it a 300k mile LX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom