Looking to buy a 97' LC or lx450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How do they mount though? Do they leave gaping holes? Then do the front mud guards just bolt back on?

You will need to get Mud Flaps that are for LC without running boards. Cruiser Parts have them for about $60-70 they fit both the Toyota and the LX. I took pff the boards and put on sliders. You can see them on my Avitar picture.
FYI Toyota and Lexus Rear Mud Flaps are different because of the different width of the cladding. Toyota Mud Flaps can be cut to fit the LX and come in all black. LX Rear flaps are quite a bit more expensive because they come with the matching paint that runs up to the cladding though the flap itself is black and has no logo.
Where I live I opt for the flaps to keep the snow and winter road grime down. For rock crawling many just remove the flaps...but if you keep the cladding it looks a little unfinished as the cladding is notched for the mud flap.

Running boards are removed with a good set of metric wrenches (included in the tool bag in the left rear of the truck) and they come right off. The nuts/inserts are beneath and behind the side of the truck. You will not see the holes unless you are under the rig. Use search function as the order of bolt removal seems to be important to most people.

Dealer/port install utilizing factory mounting points.

Mud flaps are molded. You can xacto knife to customize or just order oem flaps from beno/cdan/sam stewart that fit the truck w/o running boards.

Or just leave them off for a "tactical" look.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1419172092.077728.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1419172118.307842.jpg

Anyone have pics of a lc or lx with no running boards and the factory flaps installed?
Yes, double click on my Avitar picture. If you look closely at the front flap/cladding connection point you'll see the difference from what you have with flaps & boards. My LX originally had boards and I changed to board-less flaps. This picture was taken before I added the sliders.

No hackery, that's factory.

The plug wires and radiator cap are not factory, so probably not a mudder.

No, the clamps are not factory. In fact I replaced those hoses with silicon and similar clamps, and after a few years they started leaking. I would replace those. You can get the original clamps from Dan or Beno.

What is your budget? I'm thinking about possibly selling my LX. It's got 96k and factory lockers that work great. Well maintained and loved. It took me over a year to find her and she is a beauty. I set her on a 3.5" OME heavies lift, extended brake lines, 315 MIckey Thompson Claws, sliders, custom front and rear bumper and a pile of more stuff. I love it and really don't want to sell but the needs of my family is growing and shifting directions. The rock crawling trips are getting fewer and further between. We are spending way more time camping and wheelin on back roads and babying her. I just can't stand the trail carnage I put my Jeeps through. The littlest ding or scratch drives me nuts; which is funny because my Jeeps all ended up looking like smashed tin cans. I am looking at getting a trailer and a 100 series seems to be the better fit for a trailer, camping, expedition type use so I am KINDA looking at 100 series right now. Maybe this summer I will put some real effort into finding the perfect 100 series set up for more expedition use and not the rocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom