Looking to Buy a 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I’m kinda new to the 4x4 world, I’m currently looking into buying a 80 series land cruiser soon, is there any specific things I should keep an eye out for (issues and recalls) and what not, also just common issues and what to avoid, I’m also looking for advice on what engine to go for, I’m currently thinking a turbo diesel and the 1hdt seems more common in Victoria, are they reliable. Basically I’m looking for as much information as I can to make sure I buy the right car. I’m planning on using the car for off-roading so I’ll eventually have a proper set up over time if I don’t buy one with all the bits and pieces. Another question as I never see it spoken about much but how much kms is “too much kms” for a second hand 4wd?

This is a good guide for the US spec Land Cruisers. Most of it should apply for the ROW spec.

I don't know much about the diesels since the US never got them. All I know is that rod bearings were recalled on the 1HD-T but at this point they have all probably been replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom