Looking for Replacement of Qi Wireless Charger for 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there,

For some reason, my Qi wireless charging dock does not function on my 2017 LC. Back when I purchased the vehicle new, my iPhone at the time did not support wireless charge and ever since I've upgraded my phone over the years, I noticed the dock does not charge. Never has. In fact it doesn't even turn on. The dealer had a look and confirmed the dock itself needs to be replaced. They want over $1000 for the part and labor. Any suggestions for a more affordable solution?

Thanks.

I have the Qi charger in my 2016 and it is totally useless. I used it maybe couple of times and never used since. It is tucked away in a small box where pro iphone doesnt even fit. Charging is very slow that it barely just charges maybe less than 5% per hour. I bought good charging cable and since been using charging cables and never went back to the wireless OEM charging pad. You would be better off using a good quality charging cable.

I have the Qi charger in my 2016 and it is totally useless. I used it maybe couple of times and never used since. It is tucked away in a small box where pro iphone doesnt even fit. Charging is very slow that it barely just charges maybe less than 5% per hour. I bought good charging cable and since been using charging cables and never went back to the wireless OEM charging pad. You would be better off using a good quality charging cable.
Fair enough. Sounds like a wired solution is the way to go. Thank you for the feedback.

It would be really cool to figure out a way to replace the existing and deficient Qi with a
a MagSafe charger — the cubby is large enough to hold most any phone and I expect the quality of build on a real MagSafe means that you wouldn’t have some of the excess heat issues.

As effective as wired chargers are, it would be great to have a cleaner space to store a phone on long trips

You 16+ guys could probably find a better location in a cubby but I’m very happy with my MagSafe console mount.

I handled this with MagSafe as well. But I wanted it in the cubby. Here is what I’ve got…
I needed a MagSafe charger that had a removable cable so I didn’t have to coil up all the wire. Bonus on this unit is that it’s got a cooling design to minimize overheating.
Wireless Charging Pad for Apple MagSafe, iPhone Magnetic Charger, Wireless Charger for iPhone 14, 14 Plus, 14 Pro, 14 Pro Max, 13, 12 Pro Max, 13, 12 Pro, 13, 12 Mini, with Charger and Removable Cable
https://a.co/d/8sFTdc4
Then I needed a short cable with a right angle to keep things clean
UseBean USB C to USB C Cable... Amazon product ASIN B0CC59T7QXAny cigarette lighter charger will do the job… short one preferred and USB-C to match the MagSafe and cable
USB C Car Charger, 56W Smallest... Amazon product ASIN B089R67JV4Once I positioned it exactly how I wanted to ensure proper seating of the phone I secured the disc with a mounting square sticky

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if the USB on a '10 LX can "power" a Magsafe charger? I know the charging rate is slow...

Considering something like this:

Amazon product ASIN B0CCP268S4
My guess is no, based on my MagSafe install. Need a decent amount of power to overcome the inefficiency of wireless, and while I don’t know the output of a 2010 Toyota usb port, they aren’t known to be on the forefront of these things.

That said you can return just about anything to Amazon with little drama.

My guess is no, based on my MagSafe install. Need a decent amount of power to overcome the inefficiency of wireless, and while I don’t know the output of a 2010 Toyota usb port, they aren’t known to be on the forefront of these things.

That said you can return just about anything to Amazon with little drama.
Thanks, yeah, I suspected as much...Amazon returns are a total PITA for us so trying to get it "right" initially - 12v direct might be the best option

Does anyone have (suggest) a solution (QI Phone Charger/Mount) that they like/works?

Many thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom