Wanted Looking for Rear Break Drum Assy. with Parking Brake (40 series or 60 series). Axle not Included (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for rear axle break drum assembly with provision for parking/emergency brake. This set-up are commonly found on 60 series and some 40 series. Please PM price me if you have it.
THANKS A LOT!

Dream?
More like nightmare....
I bought a 70 series axle with discs and an E brake, for $550....
Much better option IMHO.

I thought the four bolt flange is identical with the 60 series. I got this FJ45 axle and want to install with parking brake. Thanks so much for letting me know at this point, and avoid this potentially costly mistake.

I thought the four bolt flange is identical with the 60 series. I got this FJ45 axle and want to install with parking brake. Thanks so much for letting me know at this point, and avoid this potentially costly mistake.
Just found out mine is 1979 FF axle with six bolt flange.

I agree, a modified 70-series axle with disc brakes would be the better axle.

I’m not sure which is more cost effective (parts, shipping, etc.), but the choice may boil down to what is easiest as opposed to the better upgrade.

Cost of a 70-series axle & moving/welding spring perches

Cost of brake backing plate adapter & drum brake components

It is identical.

60 series rear axle with re-welded spring perches. A little extra width as a bonus.

I agree, a modified 70-series axle with disc brakes would be the better axle.

I’m not sure which is more cost effective (parts, shipping, etc.), but the choice may boil down to what is easiest as opposed to the better upgrade.

Cost of a 70-series axle & moving/welding spring perches

Cost of brake backing plate adapter & drum brake components
Hi there, I just did a diesel swap on my 60, and added teh h55 five speed, with a manual shift T Case
I am looking for the manual shifter assembly would you have a line on that for me?
thanks!
Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom