looking for advice wheels and tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at Dobinsons 2" lift with
FSpring C59-302
Fstrut GS59-220
Rspring C59-725
Rshock GS59-701

with SPC UCA's

I was also looking at ICON Rebound 17x9 with BFG AT KO2 LT285/70/R17

I have done some research and it seems like without KDSS I should be able to fit that in the spare location but can anyone say whether I will need to cut the truck to not rub?
Should I be looking at tall skinny if I don't want to cut the truck like a 255/75

Looking at Dobinsons 2" lift with
FSpring C59-302
Fstrut GS59-220
Rspring C59-725
Rshock GS59-701

with SPC UCA's

I was also looking at ICON Rebound 17x9 with BFG AT KO2 LT285/70/R17

I have done some research and it seems like without KDSS I should be able to fit that in the spare location but can anyone say whether I will need to cut the truck to not rub?
Should I be looking at tall skinny if I don't want to cut the truck like a 255/75
You'll want GS59-221 front struts with those coils to equal 2" of lift. That combo you listed will be 3" in the front.

Thank you. The dealer I am talking to included more lift in the front to give it a more level look as I understand it. I may be off though

What is the offset of the wheels? A negative offset might push the tires out far enough that they rub on the body mount.

KO2s are popular, but I went with the Nitto Ridge Grapplers LT285/70R17 in E Load and scored a great price the week after New Years

i ordered a similar setup through treaty oak... my specific shock/spring combo, as recommended by kyle:
FSpring C59-302
Fstrut GS59-221
Rspring C59-505
Rshock GS59-701
also purchased some SPC UCA's

i haven't installed anything yet, parts are just collecting dust in the garage... anyhow, i will be using the stock wheels with 1.25" spacers; stock wheels are +25mm offset, so after spacers, theoretically the wheels are now at a -7mm offset (roughly speaking... someone jump in here if i'm misquoting these numbers).

for tires, i'll likely be going with falken wildpeak 255/80r17... e-rated ply, but a tall-skinny so not overly bulky/heavy, plus the price is right...

I test drove a 200 series with ridge grapplers and they were nice. I had BFG’s on my 80 and liked them. I know another 80 guy joining the club. I like the way the coopers look but I am not sure how they compare with BFG in noise, ride and east coast performance

I have had 2 80s. And a 100. And a 55, and a 60, and a 40. RGs are good (I run 35s on my GX)

My KO2 in that size fit the spare location, the tire is used and worn. I did move the trailer wire plug though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom