looking for a remanufactured steering rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a slow leak from the steering rack, wet tie rod boots. Any suggestions conceding where from who to buy a remanufactured steering rack. Prices vary considerably. Thanks in advance!

I'd recommend buying a Toyota re-man rack. How bad is your leak? The boots on my rack have been about the same for 5 years / 60k miles, just wet looking no drips.

You might check CVJ in Denver. I believe they sell reman'd OEM Toyota racks.

I have my original after replacing it. Is there a kit to rebuild one? Is it worth it?

I recently replaced steering rack on the 2000 LX with a reman from Oreillys. Lifetime warranty. So far so good but it may vaporize tomorrow for all I know.

Would prefer a Toyota reman. No dripping, but boots are wet.

I just added stop leak 6 months ago no more leaking fluid level does not change and steering is fine. Min did not leak until after I had my local Toyota dealer change my fluid and they did a "flush" and added new fluid. I think they caused the leak with the flush and I fixed it with the stop leak. If when I need a new rack it will be a new OEM done by my Lexus dealer. ?$3k.

I recently replaced steering rack on the 2000 LX with a reman from Oreillys. Lifetime warranty. So far so good but it may vaporize tomorrow for all I know.

hi
Where to find new steering rack with Lifetime warranty?

I would like to purchase through the network

Steering rack number:
44200-60100

Oreillys auto parts has lifetime warranty

I have my original after replacing it. Is there a kit to rebuild one? Is it worth it?
I priced a Steering Rack $739.00 & Seal Kit $270.00 at (full list price) Lexus dealer. Probably purchase kit for ~200 at Toyota Dealer or online for even less. This was for 2001.

I just added stop leak 6 months ago no more leaking fluid level does not change and steering is fine. Min did not leak until after I had my local Toyota dealer change my fluid and they did a "flush" and added new fluid. I think they caused the leak with the flush and I fixed it with the stop leak. If when I need a new rack it will be a new OEM done by my Lexus dealer. ?$3k.
What kind of stop leak, I mean was it for transmission Dexron ATF, WS ATF or Power Steering fluid?

I was wondering if a seal modifier would help swell seals stopping leaks?

I priced a Steering Rack $739.00 & Seal Kit $270.00 at (full list price) Lexus dealer. Probably purchase kit for ~200 at Toyota Dealer or online for even less. This was for 2001.

What kind of stop leak, I mean was it for transmission Dexron ATF, WS ATF or Power Steering fluid?

I was wondering if a seal modifier would help swell seals stopping leaks?

It was recommended on mud it was power steering stop leak, worked

If I had to use a stop leak product right now it would be AT-205 Reseal.

Check CruiserParts. Lists new OEM for $574.00. Some OEM dealers list this part as discontinued. It fits 98-01. May buy one now for later use.

44200-60100 is discontinued. The new part number supersedes to 44250-60100

Thanks for the replies. Think I'll try the stop leak route for awhile.

Yes you can rebuild it... I think the last time I checked the kit was $37 from autozone ... I have NOT rebuilt one of these... BUT I have rebuilt racks before and many many spool valves and hydraulic pumps and cylinders ... it's all pretty much the same... IF the rack is just leaking... it's usually just a matter of seals....
or this ?
New Steering Rack for Toyota Land Cruiser Lexus LX470 2003 2007 | eBay

If I had to use a stop leak product right now it would be AT-205 Reseal.
I like the idea of AT-205, over power steering or transmission stop leak. From what I've read it can be used in anything except brakes. It a seal conditioner only, without some of the modifiers (friction plate etc...) the other product include. If after flushing several times with synthetic ATF, to get seals clean, rack continues to leak. Then adding a seal conditioner may help, if seal aren't just plan worn out. If it doesn't help, a re-seal kit or rack replacement would be in order.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom