looking for a radio unit that looks similar to stock without stock price (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to restore my 60 to something that looks more stock/classic and looking for a radio unit. However stock radio unit is going for 600+ ( $1400 on ebay)!! Anyone know of a good aftermarket reproduction or classic Toyota looking module that fits into the 60 slot? Much appreciated.

Not really for an FJ60 but it's a great looking unit that is very functional having bluetooth. You can add an overlay that makes it look even more authentic.

Not really for an FJ60 but it's a great looking unit that is very functional having bluetooth. You can add an overlay that makes it look even more authentic.

Hey thank this looks like a good fit. Great find

No prob! Just verify fitment if you decide to go that route. The slot in the 60 doesn't really look standard din so I don't know if any trimming will be required.

You could contact Chase and get a set of his DIN brackets.

I'm sure there is a DIN sized one you could find that would look retro.

You could contact Chase and get a set of his DIN brackets.

I'm sure there is a DIN sized one you could find that would look retro.

i was looking at that as well. ill need to get measurements and see if any of these aftermarket ones will fit

Has anyone ever put one of these in a 60? If you did, what faceplate and buttons did you end up getting?

How was the fit? Any tips on putting one these in?

I want to restore my 60 to something that looks more stock/classic and looking for a radio unit. However stock radio unit is going for 600+ ( $1400 on ebay)!! Anyone know of a good aftermarket reproduction or classic Toyota looking module that fits into the 60 slot? Much appreciated.
Has anyone ever put one of these in a 60? If you did, what faceplate and buttons did you end up getting?

How was the fit? Any tips on putting one these in?

perhaps these can help ?

i DO have OEM professionally restored inside and out AM and AM and FM radios available too .....fyi

my radios come with a bench test video and ain't 1400$ from scammer ASH in californnia ................btw ...
thanks

matt

factory style same injection molded and NEVER 3-D printed these are ........fyi :cool:

- ANY internal radio needed repar work over my head , i ALWAYS farm out to the MUD radio professioanl

ar cape fear electronics too

fyi

all mine are LED too

@Engineer8000 is the ONLY one and is the BEST !

download11 - Copy.jpg

1698865290931.png

1698865310524.png
1698865301224.png

1698865321227.png
:cool:

D7ABCAF8-9385-4107-AEB1-4B8127AE730D - Copy.jpeg

@Engineer8000

sample TECH video "

Period Correct 80’s Bluetooth Radio (Green Illumination) - https://www.80s-modern.com/product/period-correct-80-s-bluetooth-radio

Here's an affordable option with retro look, matching green backlight, and bluetooth & usb audio.

this thread claims those are resold/rebranded $20 eBay radios. May want to look elsewhere

this thread claims those are resold/rebranded $20 eBay radios. May want to look elsewhere
Thanks for the heads up - didn't know that (I haven't purchased it).

FWIW, if you want both Bluetooth and cassette tapes like me - and who doesn’t! - a circa 2000 Camry or Corolla head unit looks fairly vintage. It’s got cassette and the CD changer input can be used for Bluetooth with the receiver hidden under the dash for a clean install. I just push the “CD” button and the radio kicks into BT mode. I should replace the decal on it one day…

Last edited:

I DO have a wide selection of OEM TOYOTA
AM ONLY UNITS

ALL
ARE REFRESHED INSIDE And out , then field bench tested via tech video formaT

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom