Looking for a place to visit after Xmas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys,

The wife, dog and I are thinking of a road trip from 12/27-1/4. Preferably to a warmer climate than Chicago. Wouldn't mind meeting up with other FZJ80 owners either for that matter.

Here's the technical part of this post: I got my first dent! She broke through ice and the driver side ended up falling off the trail and a little submerged. While trying the front/back trick, a thick ice (1.5") lodged iteself between the rear quarter panel and the plastic bumper cap thing. A nice little dent is now present below the tail light :mad:. Made it out of the hole ok with everything locked up but not before taking on a little water. :doh: At least now I know that all of the drain holes are not plugged! Came home, power washed the truck and shop vacc'ed the carpet right away. Piece of wood is under the carpet for airing it out. Gotta see if they can PDR the dent out and a little touch up spray! Hate to see her blemished only five miles from the house! MT/Rs showed no mercy. :D D90 that was following me, got stuck a few times due to the BFG A/T tires.

Party on,

Ali
:cheers:

Hawaii, that does sound nice....some wheelin....some sun.....! I'll make it out there eventually my friend just not this year! I'll look you up when I get there.

Texas, not a bad idea...gotta be warmer than here. Got any places in mind to visit in Tejas?

PM Texican, betcha they have some ride planned somewheres in TX and the LSLC crew can hook ya up!

definitely PM Texican. Those guys are wheeling all the time and they're a bunch of super guys.

if you hit Arizona come on by prescott. i know of a few good trails you could hit plus like said before you could see everythign else.

mike

I pm'ed Texican. I have a feeling AZ and Tx might be out due to the distance and lack of time. Think we might hit the Carolinas and work our way down a bit then come around through New Orleans or something. We're definitely gonna hit TN for some good BarBQue in the Smokeys! Still being worked out.

Camp at Tellico...chilly, but cool, then head to the shore.

To bad I still don't live in Wilmington NC

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom