Looking for a picture of the LX470 climate control screen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I replaced my Nav with an android screen (teyes cc3) and I want to write an app for the climate control system because the one that comes on the Teyes kind of sucks.

Can someone grab a picture of the climate screen on the stock nav system?

Thanks!

E9C8DE91-936A-403C-8140-DA53C10A3EA0.jpeg

Hope this helps

Here's a quick video showing that it's possible.
On the left is the stock climate screen. It's ugly because it doesn't handle being in split-screen mode very well. The important thing to notice is that the temperature setting is currently at 73 degrees.
On the right is the app I'm building. It's ugly right now but I just want to prove that I can change the climate control settings with my own app. When I tap the "Temp+" button, I'm sending a command to the Climate Control computer over the CANBUS to tell it to increase the temperature. Sure enough, you can see that the stock climate control app sees the truck increase the setting and responds by showing the new temp setting.

From here, it's just wiring up all the other buttons and making it look pretty.

Another quick ask for someone with the stock climate control: Can you put it in Auto mode and turn the temperature all the way down to "LO", then go up one degree on the temperature and let me know what that number is? Then go all the way up to "HI" and down one degree and let me know what that number is?

Basically, I need to know the range of temperatures possible on the display, between HI and LO.

Thanks!

This is so awesome to see the programming in action...

From a 2007 Land Cruiser with auto climate:
LO -> 65ºF
HOT -> 85ºF

Maybe when you're done with this project, you can sort out why the Land Cruisers have awful feedback and the volume knob doesn't work when using the Teyes unit!

Andrew

This is so awesome to see the programming in action...

From a 2007 Land Cruiser with auto climate:
LO -> 65ºF
HOT -> 85ºF

Maybe when you're done with this project, you can sort out why the Land Cruisers have awful feedback and the volume knob doesn't work when using the Teyes unit!

Andrew
Thank you for the temperature range!

I already posted a theory about the noise from the LCs in the main thread, but I don't have one to test on. I think it's a ground problem. I'm sure I could figure it out with a wiring diagram and a truck to test on.

Glad to help, I thought long and hard about the Teyes unit, but went for a Grom VLine. It also has some major bugs, hopefully they can be sorted out.

Choosing to use the font from the new 2022 Lexus interface. The closest I can find is Lato, which is maybe a 90% match.
message-editor%2F1633585907195-img_4472.jpeg

I disagree with them using UPPERCASE for all climate control buttons except "Off" so I'll probably keep them all in CAPS.

Here's an example of some of the buttons I'm creating:
1675612244005.png

This is awesome! Btw, is your new system an in-dash replacement (i.e. old infotainment system completely removed), or a bypass with the new LCD setup like a mounted iPad (and old infotainment still in place)? And is your truck pre-03 or 03+ model year?
Thanks.

This is awesome! Btw, is your new system an in-dash replacement (i.e. old infotainment system completely removed), or a bypass with the new LCD setup like a mounted iPad (and old infotainment still in place)? And is your truck pre-03 or 03+ model year?
Thanks.

This is a headunit replacement (which is why I want to make sure the climate controls work well)

I have a Teyes CC3. It comes with a replacement climate control app, but it has a bunch of buttons that aren't relevant for our trucks, looks kind of crappy, and isn't launchable directly as an icon. Hence the work above.

My truck is a 2007 LX470. The Teyes system works well on LXs of any year, but there are currently issues with how it interfaces with the LC100 amp and speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom