Looking for a Custom 45 Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

EWheeler

4 Cruisers, No Garage !
GOLD Star
Threads
I've been searching for hours. I swear there was a build thread somewhere for this rig? Can anyone please point me to it, my google image search and MUD keyword searches are coming up empty.

Thanks!

IMG_2774.jpg

That 45 went to the Alaska cruiser trek about 5-7 years ago and they stopped by South Dakota on the way back home with @HENDOG

I do remember this build, its been at least 10 years, super cool 45 build back in the day!
Yes, I was on here heavily 08-10 and I am pretty sure that is when this came around. I swear I stumbled across the thread recently but can't for the life of me find it. I have a bunch of photos saved, but mostly interested in if this was built on a 45 chassis or some other chassis.

That is a cool looking 45 build. I would be interested in reading the build thread as well.

I thought it might have been this build, similar but I don’t think it is the same. Posting what I found to confirm that by others.

Sorry wrong title. I don’t know how to link another build thread​

FJ45 Custom Troopy build​

Looking through the thread above it looks like the 45 you are looking for might be mentioned in it with more pictures.

Sorry wrong title. I don’t know how to link another build thread​

FJ45 Custom Troopy build​

Great build, but not the one I was looking for. Thanks

This thread has a bit of info. Owner is/was @taterhead

Same truck?
1627182982691.jpeg

Here is the sale ad.

In the thread I linked that truck is mentioned but I read he didn’t have a build thread for it. I didn’t read through the whole thread for any build details that might have been shared to answer your question. Good luck.

In the thread I linked that truck is mentioned but I read he didn’t have a build thread for it. I didn’t read through the whole thread for any build details that might have been shared to answer your question. Good luck.
In his sale ad it says 40 frame stretched 32 inches to utilize a 5' custom bed. Was hoping for details on the length of the cab stretch and the wheelbase as well, but it looks like new owner is still on mud, albeit not active for about a year, but hopefully I can get some info. Could probably message Taterhead and get some answers, but at least ya'll put me on the right track! $32k.....boy I wish I could go back in time with the money I have now!

It's starting to come back to me now. I have a PM from Taterhead from 2012! Here is his response...

"It all started with a 77 FJ40. I cut the body at the seam just behind the doors. The frame was extended 32 inches. It was cut just past the step up of the stock frame. I reused the rear cross member in order to keep the stock tail lights. the frame was boxed for support. The axles are FJ60 with 5.29's and ARB's. Tires are 40in MTR Goodyear's (may should have gone with 37's) The bed started with a stock 62 SWB bed. The rear was rotted pretty bad so I used the rear corners of the 40 to replace and built a rear sill. Total length of the bed is 5ft. Wheel base is 116". I made the top bows out of conduit and had it covered by a local shop. The top and bows sit off as one unit. There was a ton of work in the bed in order to get the wheel openings just right and still look some what stock. Still has the toyota engine,trans,transfer. I shipped it to LA and drove it 5 hrs up to Pismo for SNT. Had a blast on the dunes...I think I may go V8, auto,Atlas and 60/14bolt next. but its a tough decision because everything works great as is."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom