looking for a approx value (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am thinking about putting my 66 fj40 up for sale. I know post up pics. I will when I get home.
It is a 66 with A chevy 350 with the factory 3 speed. A ranger overdrive unit. A auxillary fuel tank in great shape. A factory pto winch. No lift original wheels.
It has the barn doors in the back. Clear bib lights turn signals on the fenders. Vacume transfer case. The body is in good shape I fixed some rust on the rear quarter panels with new sheet metal and it looks great. Has the long jump seats in the back.

Sent from my DROIDX using IH8MUD
ForumRunner_20110808_001619.jpg
ForumRunner_20110808_001645.jpg
ForumRunner_20110808_001714.jpg

Here are a few more pics. Also has saganaw steering box. Has power steering I just put a new clutch in it. and all new seals and gaskets in trans and tranfer case and pto seals.
The chevy engine is a 4 bolt main with a quadrajet. Drum brakes all around with remote power brake booster from a old caddy.

ForumRunner_20110808_003253.jpg
ForumRunner_20110808_003320.jpg
ForumRunner_20110808_003811.jpg

No ideas of a value. Or am I in the wrong section for this question?

drum brakes ? ball-and-claw ?

not that there is anything wrong with either but you might want to comment on what people look for in older model 40s

oh yeah, and something doesn't look quite right about your windshield wipers . . .

Brian, I just paid $4k for a beauty with two tops, more original parts, and slightly better paint. Looks like your body might be in a better condition as my new baby has a few of the typical cancer spots in the tub, although the rust hasn't gone thru the metal yet. Thinking I can see some spot welds through the paint, it looks as though a rear 1/4 has been replaced on my rig.

Hope it helps. Your top looks great and who doesn't love a V8?

For reference ...

uh, ya, for reference as to the condition, see below pics. Also I'm in the Bay Area.
PO_hard_top.jpg
PO_interior_3.jpg

I think it is still ball and claw due to year. I don't know how to tell I have not had it apart. The wipers work other than that I don't know of any wiper problems.

L4D I love those hub caps on your rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom