Looking for a Landcruiser turbo upgrade? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nothing personal but opening attachment from people I don't know isn't a good plan.

I like turbo's, tho my dad suggested an electric supercharger.

Maybe you could post some spec's and prices - ball park installation cost - more than just an attachment

Nothing personal but opening attachment from people I don't know isn't a good plan.

I like turbo's, tho my dad suggested an electric supercharger.

Maybe you could post some spec's and prices - ball park installation cost - more than just an attachment
Sure. 3B, H or 2H kits are all between $3000 and $3500. Include Exhaust manifold, gaskets, charge side pipe, silicone fittings and clamps, oil lines and turbo.

Options for dump downpipe, full exhaust, air boxes, snorkels and more if interested.

Installation is $1000-1500.

Larger exhaust is really necessary if you are still running stock exhaust!

What power increase would you expect from a H with a turbo and with what boost psi and for how long?

Call me with questions! 239-465-1866
About 30%HP and 30% torque. Boost is only about 6psi. The whole point of the engineering and testing that went into these kits is to get you enough extra that it is now fun to drive, but maintain the longevity of the engine!

About 30%HP and 30% torque. Boost is only about 6psi. The whole point of the engineering and testing that went into these kits is to get you enough extra that it is now fun to drive, but maintain the longevity of the engine!
Thanks, yea I'm curious about the longevity with a 45 year old engine, especially how far out of whack the injection pump might be - is that something you also look at?

Thanks, yea I'm curious about the longevity with a 45 year old engine, especially how far out of whack the injection pump might be - is that something you also look at?
If you have good compression on all. No/little leaks (oil and blow by). You will be fine. You don't touch the injection pump from stock setup.

If you have good compression on all. No/little leaks (oil and blow by). You will be fine. You don't touch the injection pump from stock setup.
This is the turbo setup going into an H motor in a 40!

Hin40 (3).JPG

Looks nice and simple.
Does that just hook up to the existing airbox without any intercooler?
(Although I'm not sure it would be happy with my oil bath filter tbf!).
Does it need a bespoke front exhaust pipe?

Looks nice and simple.
Does that just hook up to the existing airbox without any intercooler?
(Although I'm not sure it would be happy with my oil bath filter tbf!).
Does it need a bespoke front exhaust pipe?
It can hook up directly to your stock airbox.

I believe you are referring to the exhaust connection out of the turbo? If so, yes...that is called the Dump pipe. You can fab one. I have done a bunch. But WNS also offers a prefab'd dump pipe.

Can't use your stock exhaust...probably 1.5" and too small for the exhaust after the turbo. WNS offers a full exhaust. I often use modular bent stainless with clamps. Sometimes welded up. Sometimes just left clamped.

It can hook up directly to your stock airbox.

I believe you are referring to the exhaust connection out of the turbo? If so, yes...that is called the Dump pipe. You can fab one. I have done a bunch. But WNS also offers a prefab'd dump pipe.

Can't use your stock exhaust...probably 1.5" and too small for the exhaust after the turbo. WNS offers a full exhaust. I often use modular bent stainless with clamps. Sometimes welded up. Sometimes just left clamped.
Just call me with questions: 239-465-1866

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom