Looking for a 100 series or newer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Start off by apologizing if I'm in the wrong spot. But I'm looking for a clean 100 series or newer LC. Prefer no more than 150k miles and something clean and ready to drive. I live in Delaware so if anyone has one they're wanting to sell or knows of someone on the east coast let me know. Thanks

Can't believe you've been on the forum for almost 7 years and never noticed the "Classifieds" tab at the top of each page. I would start there and also try the numerous car websites out there. I highly recommend cargurus.

Once again I apologize. Mud format has changed since I've used it last. We moved in 2013 (job related) really miss AZ and will hopefully be making a move back this year. Going from "no snow" to snow isn't for me Sold my 40 to my brother and reasonately bought a 62 and love it

Where in Delaware are you located?

Seaford area, did a cars.com search and found a few.

I would probably join the small group of people posting "WTB" listings in the 100s section of the classifieds. You'll probably have some competition.

Check Craigslist via search tempest. I think this one is in the classifieds here as well.
05 w/ 86k miles in DC

2005 Toyota Land Cruiser

Pick one up that lived in either the southwest all it's life or the southeast- rust free and ready to roll! :)

Get in Line! JK I am in philly and scour all craigslists within a 300 mile radius daily for land cruisers and LX470s.

You are probably looking at the same ones i am. 99% of the listing are buy here pay here lots that REFUSE to send chassis pictures which in my mind immediately rules them out. I am going to look at the 2002 lx47o with 97k miles in north jersey tomorrow but it has zero service history and is on its original timing belt since 02 so im assuming it needs a full going over.

Unless you are willing to pay big bucks around here you arent going to find anything "ready to drive" most lxs got traded in either due to failing AHC or avoiding a costly timing belt job, or both. All are listed as "ready to drive" but almost none have history to back that up.

There was a nice black land cruiser with around 160k in north jersey listed here but after a week of talking to the seller he changed his mind the night before i was suppose to drive up to get it because he was a dealer and wanted to put a lift and tires on it to make more profit here.

I didnt realize they were so tough to come by in this area, I live in West Chester, Pa. I did just score a nice 2001 LC, w 181k. I had the Tbelt done this week, and some minor PM. Ready to roll now! Ive been casually looking since last summer when our 97 40th anv was totaled. Good luck in your search. @Snowrydr01 everyone I ever see is at a buy here lot, I work at a New Car dealership, so I didnt even click on those.

I didnt realize they were so tough to come by in this area, I live in West Chester, Pa. I did just score a nice 2001 LC, w 181k. I had the Tbelt done this week, and some minor PM. Ready to roll now! Ive been casually looking since last summer when our 97 40th anv was totaled. Good luck in your search. @Snowrydr01 everyone I ever see is at a buy here lot, I work at a New Car dealership, so I didnt even click on those.
Where in west chester, thats where our offices are. Ive resorted to asking strangers in parking lots how many miles they have and if they want to sell to not have to deal with buy here.

Where in west chester, thats where our offices are. Ive resorted to asking strangers in parking lots how many miles they have and if they want to sell to not have to deal with buy here.
Also, since you are at a lot did you go to NADA or manhein auctions to get it?

I work at Garnet VW right off 202. I actually bought mine off a previous client of mine, it had become a 3rd car. It came up in conversation in the fall of last year he may be looking in the spring to get rid of it....so I follow up in the spring. I lurk on manheim still, to see what the market is on them. We used to live right in the boro of WC, now we are just outside of town. I did run into a guy last week while getting my haircut who told me he had just asked a guy in a wawa parking lot the other day if hed consider selling his ealy 00s LC...HA!!!! So youre not the only one asking.

Our building is on the border of WC and Goshen and i live in havertown. 2 of the 3 im looking at tomorrow will need a lot of PM catch up if you fancy some wrenching and smoked brisket

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom