Look what came in the mail today... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hoser

SILVER Star
Threads
I've been waiting months for these bad boys! They are at the shop getting mounted and balanced on a GSP9700 as we speak! They are Toyo M/T's in 35x12.5-18s. Gotta finish installing my diff drop bracket now...
toyo.jpg

am i in the right forum? this is the 100 series right?

i really haven't seen something that aggressive on a 100 series... looking forward to the finishing pics.

Hoser,
Are you going to use the stock LX suspension with some modifications to it or are you changing to an OME setup? You mentioned a Slee diff drop; just wondering what else your doing to run that big tire.

EDIT: BTW, the tires look cool; that's the first time I have seen them. If you don't mind, how much did they set you back?

Cruiser Newb said:
am i in the right forum? this is the 100 series right?

i really haven't seen something that aggressive on a 100 series... looking forward to the finishing pics.

Check this thread too if you want to see some more nasty tires on a 100. They don't get much more aggressive than these: https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=53009

Greg B said:
Hoser,
Are you going to use the stock LX suspension with some modifications to it or are you changing to an OME setup? You mentioned a Slee diff drop; just wondering what else your doing to run that big tire.
For now I am just using the stock suspension with the diff drop bracket and lifted via the adjusted AHC sensors. I have an LC T-bar and 80 series OEM rear springs in the garage ready if I need more. My Slee Rear bumper will be here next week but I doubt 200 extra lbs will make that much of a difference. Actually, 200lbs minus the stock bumper which is what 20lbs? I really like the LX suspension with its anti-dive, roll and squat technology and will use it and fix it as long as it is economically feasible.

I've been driving the LX daily now and wanted an MT tire that had good road manners. I was really tempted to go 37's since that is all I could find a couple of months ago but I didn't want to do the 2" body lift thing. Plus I don't think I could park it in the garage with that set-up.

hoser said:
I've been waiting months for these bad boys! They are at the shop getting mounted and balanced on a GSP9700 as we speak! They are Toyo M/T's in 35x12.5-18s. Gotta finish installing my diff drop bracket now...

I knew you were on to something when starting messing with the AHC! :D The thread pattern looks similar to the MTR/s. You have now inspired me to look at 35''. I ended up selling my 18" rims and now have a set of OEM 16" wheels. If the setup works out for you, I'll be getting 315/75R16s.

Damn, those suckers are giant! Can't wait to see them on.

How was the trip to New Yawk?

Rock on hoser!!!! I know you took pics today; don't be a lazy bastid!!! Post 'em up :flipoff2:

macneill said:
Damn, those suckers are giant! Can't wait to see them on.
How was the trip to New Yawk?
I'm leaving next week! Can't wait!

As for the tires, I picked them up from the shop and test fitted one of the front tires. As I suspected, the tire hits the upper ball joint by about 1/2". I have some spacers on order. So as soon as those come in, I'll snap some pictures.

The tires weigh in at 81lbs each plus the rim... so the whole wheel is over 100lbs each. All the Toyos balanced with no more than 3.5oz One tire took only 1.5oz.

My 305s rub in the upper part of the wheel well, very slight.

Never thought of spacers... :confused:

Looks like I gotta step up and do the T-Bars...

hoser said:
I'm leaving next week! Can't wait!

As for the tires, I picked them up from the shop and test fitted one of the front tires. As I suspected, the tire hits the upper ball joint by about 1/2". I have some spacers on order. So as soon as those come in, I'll snap some pictures.

The tires weigh in at 81lbs each plus the rim... so the whole wheel is over 100lbs each. All the Toyos balanced with no more than 3.5oz One tire took only 1.5oz.

Just bought 315 MTR from the ebay last week but it is at Florida (east coast) while I live west coast. This seller whose wife just brought him this tires three weeks ago said only local pickup is allowed.

Lucky, my brother-in-law live nearby so I went ahead and bought it. He picked it up and shipped over here just in time for my buddy to borrow for his 100 for Rubicon tomorrow.

I am not too sure if the spacer is need in this case, the tire wall is 1/8" from the upper arm.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Hey Jay-

Truck looks great with those MT/R's. Have fun breaking them in at rubicon.

I wanna see those 18" wheels with 35's - takes the bling out of 18's. :)

-Mike

Snook said:
Just bought 315 MTR from the ebay last week but it is at Florida (east coast) while I live west coast. This seller whose wife just brought him this tires three weeks ago said only local pickup is allowed.

Lucky, my brother-in-law live nearby so I went ahead and bought it. He picked it up and shipped over here just in time for my buddy to borrow for his 100 for Rubicon tomorrow.

I am not too sure if the spacer is need in this case, the tire wall is 1/8" from the upper arm.

Cheers,

Jay,

Your 100 looks great! Your sig does not mention any suspension mods.. Is your setup stock besides the diff drop?

mthomp6 said:
Hey Jay-

Truck looks great with those MT/R's. Have fun breaking them in at rubicon.

I wanna see those 18" wheels with 35's - takes the bling out of 18's. :)

-Mike
I'll post some pictures tomorrow. The nice thing is they measure a true 35". The 12.5" width offers plenty of rim protection.

Yeah, nice rig, Jay. We'll have to put you on the list for the ROTW.

Some pics...
Toyo1.jpg
Toyo4.jpg
toyo3.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet! How 'bout some pix up front there? I wanna see the clearance!

Up front? I have to wait till I get my spacers. There is at least -0.25" Clearance between the tire and ball joint right now.

Or you could just leave it High-School style with big tires in the back and little ones up front. That would be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom