Look what came in the mail today... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

couple of more
4.jpg
5.jpg

Tonka just called. They want their truck back.

Looks awesome! Great job. :cheers:

Holy sheeet...good job...looks good. They are 35" though? They sure look bigger than that. What T-bars are you using?

Yeah, they are just 35's but they measure a true 35" unlike some others. I think the spacers make them appear bigger too. I'm running 1.25" spacers in the front. I think I might go to 1" to get a little more clearance.

Actually, I'm glad I didn't go with 37's. I'd have to do a lot more banging with the sledge hammer to get those to fit.

As for T-bars, I'm using the OEM right now and it rides great. I might have to change when I get a new bumpers. I have it raised 2.5" in the front and 4" in the rear. I'm trying to bring the front up a bit and the rear back down just a hair but I'm maxed out (or minimized out) on my AHC adjustments. I'll have to figure out something else.

Sweet, thats a real nice set up.

I like the look of the agressive sidewalls paired with your black rig. Makes me want a black 100 instead.

You might want to use a better sealer for that exposed metal, other than just the bedliner stuff. I've seen moisture penetrate under it and cause unnoticed rust until the B.Liner stuff was removed.

Doug

hoser said:
Yeah, they are just 35's but they measure a true 35" unlike some others. I think the spacers make them appear bigger too. I'm running 1.25" spacers in the front. I think I might go to 1" to get a little more clearance.

Actually, I'm glad I didn't go with 37's. I'd have to do a lot more banging with the sledge hammer to get those to fit.

As for T-bars, I'm using the OEM right now and it rides great. I might have to change when I get a new bumpers. I have it raised 2.5" in the front and 4" in the rear. I'm trying to bring the front up a bit and the rear back down just a hair but I'm maxed out (or minimized out) on my AHC adjustments. I'll have to figure out something else.

That brings up a question, I suspect I already have the answer for but what the heck: Does anyone make a A-arm kit/lift kit for the 100's IFS? Probably not near enough interest to entice someone to design and manufacturer one...but it would be nice to get 3"+ with proper droop. I would also be nice if the arms, as long as I am wishing here, made out of cromo to allow a slimmer lower profile lower arm.

UltraFJ said:
You might want to use a better sealer for that exposed metal, other than just the bedliner stuff. I've seen moisture penetrate under it and cause unnoticed rust until the B.Liner stuff was removed.
What do you suggest as a better sealer? The metal isn't bare. It has the factory coating on it. It just doesn't have the plastic liner covering it. So in time, pebbles could make nicks in it--hence the bedliner spray. I've used it in another vehicle's wheel wells and it hold ups pretty good. FWIW, Audi's have a carpet like material they put in the wheel wells (exposed side) to dampen the noise.

This looks simply awesome.

Has the AHC held up well so far to the added weight? Giving any thought to switching to OEM 100 series springs?

I see my future here.

There's little added sprung weight as of right now. The rear bumper and a 35" spare tire will add about 250lbs all in the back. I have no worries about sagging or ride height changes because the AHC suspension self adjusts whether loaded or unloaded.

I do have OEM 100 T-bars on hand but won't consider putting them on till after sliders and a front bumper. My plans are for a medium weight low profile front bumper and no winch to minimize the amount of added weight on the IFS.

Awesome! :eek: Those Toyo's are the most aggressive MT type tire I've seen yet. (not talking about swampers, etc. just MT styles like BFG and GY) They look much bigger than the 315x75's some here are running. Looks very good! :cool:

The tires are soo big they make the 18's look like 16's. Damn, that is bad ass!

In the first pic you posted, is the suspension on a lower setting? It looks like the front is sitting lower, but in the other pics it looks higher.

Also, thanks for posting pics of the Slee bumper without the tire carrier. I've been wanting to see what that will look like. That's the way I'll be going in the future and was curious how the rear would look with just the bumper.

hoser said:

Looks great, how about some side pics. Any before and after shots to compare.

A few questions:

1. Going to a 1" spacers up front will bring your tire/rims inward for less stance, correct? I'm not following how you will get more clearance. I'm probably not thinking clearly on this.

2. If I went with BF AT 315/75R16 which measure 34.6 (radius) and 11.5 wide do you think I would still need spacers and be forced to do some trimming like you did for clearance? This of course is with tweaking with the AHC system for lift.

3. The reason you added spacers was to clear the A-arms and wider stance is this correct? I then assume that your MTs are a true 12.5" wide?

CTapia said:
Looks great, how about some side pics. Any before and after shots to compare.

A few questions:

1. Going to a 1" spacers up front will bring your tire/rims inward for less stance, correct? I'm not following how you will get more clearance. I'm probably not thinking clearly on this.

I think he's talking about more clearance by moving the tire a little away from the inside of the fender/bumper at suspension compression and while turning.

Greg B said:
In the first pic you posted, is the suspension on a lower setting? It looks like the front is sitting lower, but in the other pics it looks higher.

Also, thanks for posting pics of the Slee bumper without the tire carrier. I've been wanting to see what that will look like. That's the way I'll be going in the future and was curious how the rear would look with just the bumper.
The height in the front is the same in all the pics. It must be an optical illusion. ;) I'm going to bring the butt down a little but right now the adjustment is either 2" or 4" of lift. The 3" spot for adjustment is obstructed. I can probably bend the existing bracket 180 degrees but I was trying to avoid that.

As for the Slee bumper, it is definitely built well. The only thing I would have liked in the design is for the tow hitch to go through the crossbrace rather than just in front of it. This way the bumper could be shorter by 2.5" But I realize most people don't want to cut up their frame. I wouldn't mind though.

Both Snook and Shocker are right on the money! :beer:

CTapia said:
2. If I went with BF AT 315/75R16 which measure 34.6 (radius) and 11.5 wide do you think I would still need spacers and be forced to do some trimming like you did for clearance? This of course is with tweaking with the AHC system for lift.

3. The reason you added spacers was to clear the A-arms and wider stance is this correct? I then assume that your MTs are a true 12.5" wide?
Sorry, no before and after pics but my LX was stock and I'm sure you can find a pic of a stock LX. The BFG's will work fine without spacers. John Shottz uses those exact tires. Yes, the Toyos are also 12.5" wide on an 8" rim, maybe wider on a 10" rim.

ShottsUZJ100 said:
No spacers are used on my 100 with 315 75 16

THanks Shotts! You did have to adjust something to prevent them from rubbing on the A-arms correct? Any pics showing on what to adjust?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom