Longfields with or without rings?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys,

What's everyone's opinions on Longfields and the version with and without rings? I've got a 2F and stock axles. May drop a 350 in down the road, depending on what I determine the cost to be to rebuild the 2F. Suspect I'll need to do something within the next 6 months. Runing 33" M/T now, but will most likely go to 35's if I drop in a 350. I'm sure I don't need the Longfields right at the moment, but would rather prevent a problem before breaking somewhere. Rings or no rings?

I run year+ old Longs with rings, a 350 TBI, granny gear, and 38.5 SX's....haven't broke one yet. IMO, unless you feel a need to do sharper turns, get the rings for added insurance...

I run a beefed-up 2F, 5-speed and 35s. Just put in Longs w/out rings cause I like the sharp turning radius (this is a dual-purpose rig) and I don't do the type of wheeling that should make the ringless Long fail.

How much do the rings hurt turning radius? I'm thinking about going to Longs, but I don't want to lose much turning radius if I can help it.

The rings only give your 4-8* of extra turning (assuming you set your stops accordingly) of course most people don't and are still running their Longs...

I have seen a dozen or so Longs fail... most were the early ring style, but the last one was a ringless... IMHO it failed quicker than the ringed ones. Bobby was super cool and swapped it out with a ring'd one.

Either way, props to Bobby... We ran them in UROC, the Con, and numberous wheeling trips... really saved the Birf scene... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom