Long lead time from Avid Offroad? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any one here heard about Avid and the service work they do on FJ's?
after reading the story about the bumper, I'm wondering if they take that long to do repair work?
i am in the Mesa area and need some work done on my truck.

I
Any one here heard about Avid and the service work they do on FJ's?
after reading the story about the bumper, I'm wondering if they take that long to do repair work?
i am in the Mesa area and need some work done on my truck.
I’m not sure about service work. He did say he did the bumper building after hours so take that what it’s worth.
I will say I just got an email a few days ago saying my bumper has been sent to powder coat.

Hello,

Anyone know how to contact Avid Off-Road besides email and IG. There is no phone number listed on their webpage. In Dec of 2021 I sent a $500 deposit for a rear bumper for my 80 series with an expected completion of 12-14 weeks. At 16 weeks (middle of April) I emailed him asking for a completion date. I gave him an extra month before I contacted him realizing the world we now live in where everyone for some reason has an excuse why everything takes forever now. He did email me back blaming a machine shop and saying he was working so late at night and every weekend trying to catch up on work basically like there was no light at the end of the tunnel he was so busy. Like really there’s so many people ordering Avid Off-Road bumpers cause I’ve never seen one on IG or any event I’ve ever been to. And now another 3 months later I’ve emailed and DM him asking for my deposit back because I’m just over it really or any kind of update. If anyone has any ideas I’m all ears, or if you know him or do business with him like I’m not trying to stir anything up cause I really wanted this bumper but now I’m just over it and just want to get my $500 back.

Thanks.
Took me over a year to get mine as well. Was worth the wait. I'm local in Phoenix and picked up the bumper from Brandon himself, he's a super nice guy. Just overloaded with work, he stopped taking rear bumper orders online because he got too backlogged, you have to email him now.

Just be patient. You've waited this long, might as well wait a little longer.

20220204_172522.jpg

20220204_172428.jpg

A minute on Google, and Avid Cruisers comes up with the same physical location. There's a phone number.

Avid Cruisers - Facebookhttps://m.facebook.com › ... › Avid Cruisers
506 E Juanita Ave suite 7, Mesa, AZ, United States, 85204. Address. (480) 597-6785. Mobile. scott@avidcruisers.com. Email. Websites and social links.

Any receipt you got should also have a contact phone number.
This is not their location anymore.

I'm in the exact same boat as most everyone on this thread. Ordered both front and rear bumpers in May 2022 and was told 4-5 months but they were working on cutting that down. After long lags between email responses, they have now told me they hope to ship it in January 2023 - basically twice as long as they said originally. We'll see. Good customer service would be to give some sort of a discount for not meeting deadlines, but definitely not holding my breath.

I'm in the exact same boat as most everyone on this thread. Ordered both front and rear bumpers in May 2022 and was told 4-5 months but they were working on cutting that down. After long lags between email responses, they have now told me they hope to ship it in January 2023 - basically twice as long as they said originally. We'll see. Good customer service would be to give some sort of a discount for not meeting deadlines, but definitely not holding my breath.
I was able to pick up my bumper a couple weeks ago. I will say the craftsmanship and build quality seem to be high. I ended up being 11month wait. When I picked it up you can tell he’s definitely working on bumpers, there were others wrapped up ready for shipping, he discussed having to source some parts and change sources. It installed easily enough but I do have an LX so the bumper does touch the rear corner trim piece.
So I would say anyone out here that it’s worth the wait.

I was able to pick up my bumper a couple weeks ago. I will say the craftsmanship and build quality seem to be high. I ended up being 11month wait. When I picked it up you can tell he’s definitely working on bumpers, there were others wrapped up ready for shipping, he discussed having to source some parts and change sources. It installed easily enough but I do have an LX so the bumper does touch the rear corner trim piece.
So I would say anyone out here that it’s worth the wait.
Yep. Avid are good guys, just gotta be patient. I also picked mine up locally.

Curious, where is your bumper touching your cladding? Mine doesn't on my LX?

Hmmm. That's really weird mine sits back probably 3/4 of an inch more than yours.

If you loosen all of the bolts, there should be enough play for you to scoot it back a bit.

View attachment 3184340

View attachment 3184341
Wow. What a difference. My issue when installing was getting it to go forward enough to reach any of the bolts. I may have to try and loosen it all and see if I can gain some room.

Wow. What a difference. My issue when installing was getting it to go forward enough to reach any of the bolts. I may have to try and loosen it all and see if I can gain some room.
I remember someone complaining on mud about theirs being too close and Brandon from avid told them to loosen the bolts and scoot it back. There is definitely some play in the mounting holes in the bumper so I'd give it a shot. I think I had to mess around with mine too when I mounted it. It's a huge pain in the ass to do by yourself.

I remember someone complaining on mud about theirs being too close and Brandon from avid told them to loosen the bolts and scoot it back. There is definitely some play in the mounting holes in the bumper so I'd give it a shot. I think I had to mess around with mine too when I mounted it. It's a huge pain in the ass to do by yourself.
Thanks. I’ll give it a shot before grinding some of that corner away.

Had to trim on my LX build due to cladding but not on LC build. These are the best bumpers I ever had on an 80, hands down, they are engineered well and stout.

I gave deposit last Dec 2021 on 2 more sets of front/rear. They will be well worth the wait if I get them. Till then I am scared to sell one of my builds in incase they are not replaceable.

Last edited:
Took me over a year to get mine as well. Was worth the wait. I'm local in Phoenix and picked up the bumper from Brandon himself, he's a super nice guy. Just overloaded with work, he stopped taking rear bumper orders online because he got too backlogged, you have to email him now.

Just be patient. You've waited this long, might as well wait a little longer.

View attachment 3125494

View attachment 3125495
Was the ladder an option(secret menu)....not listed on their site.

anyone running the avid front bumper? Would like to see more pics of it and the mouting points. There doesnt appear to be many pictures of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom