Long lead time from Avid Offroad? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here are some pics of the front installed, as everyone stated long lead time but great build quality. winch and lights not installed on the pic
front1.jpeg
pic2.jpeg

I had to grind on one of the the bumper support to fit.......no big deal. Spray some restoleum.

20211219_123259_HDR~2.jpg

20211219_142700.jpg

Greetings all,

Anyone have an success recently in getting a hold of Brandon from Avid? I put in a deposit on front and rear bumpers about a year ago now and have had no luck contacting him lately.
I do realize that it's a long lead time, but wanted to just check in.

Cheers

When i ordered mine I had a hard time getting ahold of him for updates. But once it was near finish, he updated me and answered to my emails. Not sure if that helps.

Thank to you all for the responses.
No comms in nearly 6 months from Avid made me wonder if they were still in business and me out a deposit on front and rear bumpers.
I'll continue to try to get hold of them and also be patient.
thanks again

The first 2 sets took 9 months, that was during Covid, early 2021 ordered. Didn't receive till October or November if I recall.
Yep sounds right. Mine was around 7-8m during covid era. And Avid was moving into a larger facility too during that time

I'm in the exact same boat as most everyone on this thread. Ordered both front and rear bumpers in May 2022 and was told 4-5 months but they were working on cutting that down. After long lags between email responses, they have now told me they hope to ship it in January 2023 - basically twice as long as they said originally. We'll see. Good customer service would be to give some sort of a discount for not meeting deadlines, but definitely not holding my breath.
Quick update - the bumpers arrived early February so about 10 months after ordering. I will say they were worth the wait and very happy with the fabrication quality.

Thank to you all for the responses.
No comms in nearly 6 months from Avid made me wonder if they were still in business and me out a deposit on front and rear bumpers.
I'll continue to try to get hold of them and also be patient.
thanks again
See pg1 #9 if you have not already....

Quick update - the bumpers arrived early February so about 10 months after ordering. I will say they were worth the wait and very happy with the fabrication quality.
Welllll......not perfect.
My dual Jerry Can does not really fit 2 cans due to the walls flexing causing the cans not fitting. Also the tow hitch receiver in the rear does not fit trailer hitch ball mounts.

I like mine so far but the shocks for the arms rusted within a couple months pretty bad. The spindle the arms rotate on contact the bumper when fully opened and chipped away a lil bit of the powder coat on each side which in turn rusted. Little frustrating but it is what it is.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that has been frustrated. I ordered mine May 2022 and was told 4-5 months. Last few emails stated it was supposedly going to be finished at the end of April.

Sorry, got side tracked and forgot to post an update.
I send Brandon from Avid an email back mid April- He responded at the end of April apologizing for the delay and said that they were finishing a couple other ones and that the front and rear that I had ordered was coming up next.
Not having the bumpers is not stopping me from doing anything so- Patience it is.

I’m mainly glad that he is still around.

I finally got mine 15 months later but he didn't send instructions. I can probably fumble around and figure it out but does anyone have install instructions?

I finally got mine 15 months later but he didn't send instructions. I can probably fumble around and figure it out but does anyone have install instructions?
👏 congrats.
Instruction was on the website of the rear bumper page but no longer there. The instruction had the amount of cutting you need to do on the cross member. I think it was 3.5"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom