Long lead time from Avid Offroad? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

đź‘Ź congrats.
Instruction was on the website of the rear bumper page but no longer there. The instruction had the amount of cutting you need to do on the cross member. I think it was 3.5"
Thanks. I remember seeing it on their site too but they removed them after they got overloaded with orders

Thanks. I remember seeing it on their site too but they removed them after they got overloaded with orders
Sorry i tossed all that out. Didn't bother to save since installed. Hope they are caught up soon and start making rear number options like ladders, jerry can holders and such

I finally got mine 15 months later but he didn't send instructions. I can probably fumble around and figure it out but does anyone have install
I’m pretty sure after you remove all the OE bumper stuff and spare tire carrier you do cut off 3.5 inches of the frame. It should be slightly in front of a threaded hole that will stay. I used a sawzall and it cut the frame like butter. It doesn’t have to be super accurate because there is room in the bumper for the frame. I do recall once all the bolts are in and started he says to tighten and torque the inside frame bolts were spare tire carrier was first, then do the vertical bolts in the bottom of the frame.

Almost 2 years and still nothing!
Feels like I got scammed.
Last i heard from 'Brandon' on April 26 2023 was:
Hey Marco

I apologize for the delayed reply. We have a couple that we are finishing up and then we’ll get yours done.

Here we are last day of Jan 2024 and nothing from them.

I've asked for a refund, but am not expecting much.
I called paypay to file a dispute and maybe re-coup the $1000 deposit for front and rear bumers- Paypal informed me that the window to open a dispute is only 180 days from date of transaction.
I called the bank associated with my paypay account- their dispute window is only 30 days.

So looks like im out $1000.

Hopefully no one else falls victim to this.

They're definitely not trying to scam anyone. I got mine after 15 months. Try reaching out to Tanner. He's not officially associated with avidoffroad anymore but he still keeps tabs with Brandon.

Hey Marco

I apologize for the delayed reply. We have a couple that we are finishing up and then we’ll get yours done.

I called paypay to file a dispute and maybe re-coup the $1000 deposit for front and rear bumers- Paypal informed me that the window to open a dispute is only 180 days from date of transaction.
I called the bank associated with my paypay account- their dispute window is only 30 days.

I also encourage you to reach out again.

My bumper took over a year to get. I'm local and have met Brandon. Good guy they just get overloaded with orders.

Fudge that sucks. A monthly update would be nice! Is hard to ask (Vendors)?

Just want to add my experience and warning to this thread.

I put down a deposit Jan 2023, knowing there was a long leadtime, quoted 8-10 months. I checked in twice over the year, pretty much got the same reply. Checked in over a week ago and nothing at all.

I've asked for a refund now and got no response, albeit this was over the weekend, so I'll get it a sec before I hit up the BBB.

Anybody heard from Avid or Brandon recently?

I was fortunate with the schedule. Ordered 80 series front bumper in mid-March 2023 and it was delivered the 1st week of September 2023. But I did make regular checks every couple of months with Brandon on the progress.

I was fortunate with the schedule. Ordered 80 series front bumper in mid-March 2023 and it was delivered the 1st week of September 2023. But I did make regular checks every couple of months with Brandon on the progress.
I put my order in for my rear bumper in September of 2022, and I still haven't gotten it. Last I heard was December 2023 that they were really pushing to get them out. Haven't heard anything in two weeks since I last asked for a status update.

I am really hoping to not have to go another summer lugging around my spare in the back.

I believe mine took a year and a half. I even messed up and put the tire carrier bracket (the adjustable piece) on upside down so it started to break the weld after 6 months of carrying a 37" spare. I reached out to Brandon and he made me a new one within a few months and I picked it up from him in town. He's a good guy just takes on too much work. I believe he took the 80 rear off the website because he can't keep up

Just want to add my experience and warning to this thread.

I put down a deposit Jan 2023, knowing there was a long leadtime, quoted 8-10 months. I checked in twice over the year, pretty much got the same reply. Checked in over a week ago and nothing at all.

I've asked for a refund now and got no response, albeit this was over the weekend, so I'll get it a sec before I hit up the BBB.

Anybody heard from Avid or Brandon recently?
Update: Brandon did get back to me that Monday. Mentioned machining defects in some parts and quoted a couple more weeks, also offered a refund.

I do hope the guy and his shop catch up, his designs look great and I've always seen good things about the bumpers themselves. Just getting impatient

Hey Marco

Updating this post for all- sorry for not being more active in updating the post. Anyway...

I received my complete order from Avid just this morning- 2 years later but better late than never I suppose.
I had been in contact with Brandon for about a month now as the shipment was getting closer but being that it had been nearly 2 yearsI still had my doubts. Anyway, last week I spoke with Brandon (for the first time) as he was getting close to putting the order on a pallet and on its way to me.
We had a pleasant convo he explain some of the issues they were having with bad/defectibe parts that set him back and also some issues with the powder coating which further set him back.

I've not unwrapped the shipment so I can not speak to how they product looks at this time. Hopefully
Hey Marco

I've finally received the front and rear bumpers from Avid! Apologies for the lack of updates since my last post.

In mid-February, Brandon reached out to inform me that the bumpers were nearing completion and would soon be off to powder coating. He requested my number in that email to coordinate delivery. Since then, we've exchanged several emails until about a week ago when he called me.

During our conversation, Brandon and I discussed the status of my order. Though relieved that I hadn't been scammed, I couldn't shake the anticipation of finally receiving the bumpers I'd ordered back in 2022.

Brandon apologized for the lengthy delay and explained the challenges he faced in sourcing parts, encountering issues with quality, and dealing with problems during the powder coating process. These setbacks have resulted in significant delays in fulfilling orders for his product.

For anyone considering ordering from Avid, there are a few things to keep in mind, as many of us with pending orders can attest: patience will be tested, then tested again, and faith that the order will eventually arrive will also be necessary.

After conversing with Brandon, it became apparent (as other customers have noted) that he is managing a small business and may be feeling overwhelmed by its success. It seems he struggles to keep up with emails and phone calls, resulting in poor customer service experiences and leaving customers like myself feeling disillusioned, dissatisfied, and frustrated.

All is well that ends well or so the saying goes.
Now the fun part!
Also, thanks for those of you who offered to help and also for helping me be patient and keeping the faith that I would receive the bumpers.
Cheers

IMG_20240424_102918.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom