Locker light flashing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Friend of mine is in Dallas picking up a used '96 80 from a dealer then will return to Phx. His lockers are WORKING. His front locker light stops blinking when locked but his rear locker light keeps blinking. He did confirm that the rear is locking and unlocking but the light always blinks when locked??? What's wrong? Actuater, wire, relay, sender, ??? How much to fix?

sounds like a switch in the actuator assembly is not working or a brake in the loom getting that signal back to the module. Then again the mechanism might not be moving enough to engage the switch but far enough to lock the axle which means a few more sessions might work it loose.

Take your pick, and there is probably more.

possible the contacts inside are corroded for lack of use, or something got under those contacts to prevent a complete circuit....

keep guessing...lol

If the rear is indeed locking but the indicator does not go solid that suggests to me that the position switch or position switch circuit for the rear diff is the problem.

D-

Friend of mine is in Dallas picking up a used '96 80 from a dealer then will return to Phx.

You let a friend buy a crude 80! Must not be a very good friend? Did you tell them that it doesn't even have IFS or any of the other new car "innovations"? :D

Tools R Us said:
You let a friend buy a crude 80! Must not be a very good friend? Did you tell them that it doesn't even have IFS or any of the other new car "innovations"? :D

Like the all powerfull "traction control" :flipoff2:

Hey, give him a break! He's moving UP from a Taco to an 80. Next, he'll move up to an even better Cruiser....from an 80 to a 100. :)

Hey, give him a break! He's moving UP from a Taco to an 80.

It wasn't him I was giving the grief to! He made the right choice! :D

WELL! THIS SUCKS WHEN SOMEONE POSTS A PROBLEM AND OTHERS (ME) END UP GETTING THE SAME PROBLEM RIGHT AFTER ITS POSTED :flipoff2:

I went out and tested the front OEM locker and the rear Downey cable locker without even readin this post.
I got the rear and front to lock. The front stops blinking and the rear just flashes.
Crawl under and all looks well. Then start moving the wires.
The wire to the actuator switch brakes off at the connector. Its green with corrosion.

Can I get a new connector?
How long is the wiring if I replace the whole wiring? That is if it can be unplugged somewhere down the wiring.
If the wiring is part of the whole wire harness, then I just will to replace the connector. If I can get one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom