Lock N' Lube bearing packer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drake2

SILVER Star
Threads
It looks like the same one @Greg_B has - if so, it's excellent.

One of these were at my new shop when I took over, maybie I am set in my ways but I tried it once then put it on the back shelf and that is were it sits today. My problem with it is pushing down on it I could not get the grease to fill the bearing without extreme pressure. I did get it to fill if I put it in vice and squeezed it. At that point I may have just have used a regular grease packer which I went back to. Who knows maybie it was broken to start or I was doing something wrong. Also when it sits on the shelf the cavity is open and I have to cover it with a rag so the grease inside would not get contaminated for the next time. I am not a fan of that "lock and lube coupler or battery operated grease guns either". Just old school here.

Last edited:
I use a similar one. Yes, it takes a good deal of pressure. I typically just put it on the floor and step on it. I found a margarine (or similar) container that it fits in to keep it from collecting dust - and to keep the greasy mess of it contained.

Have the Craftsman version. Got to stand on it, but worked great!

It works great IMHO but you wast plenty grease the first use .. then it will get decent amount of grease in there ..

Thanks for all the replies, maybe I will give it a shot...of grease that is :D

I have one as well and love it, saves a lot of time. get one or two 1 lb tubs of grease for it, if I remember correctly it holds a bit over 1 lb and if your doing a set of wheel bearings youll be able to load whats left into the packer when your done and use it for grease storage

Zip lock baggy, hand full of grease, drop in bearing and squish it around. Packed and ready to install. Save the baggy from your lunch and cost is $0.00

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom