Local opinion on Interco tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

get Pitbull Radials and be done!
not bias if you want to street drive
We've sold several sets, reviews are good
no snow flake symbol on them but they work great in the snow for me so far
You can get decent size tires in 15" wheel sizes unlike most other tire companies

Is it possible to get them in a tall skinny on my oem rim?:)

i run 35" trXus on my 80. no problems with them whatsoever save for the extra weight which i feel and ate up a bit of my mpg's. 75ish# 315 KM+wheel combo vs 95ish# trXus+wheel combo. otherwise, the soft tire compound gave a VERY quiet ride compared to my first gen MT/R's and KM's. downside to that is a bit quicker wear, but with proper rotations it shouldnt be a problem esp with the heavy 80/81 in snow/deep snow wheeling, they performed awesome and was very impressed with the traction they had. sadly, not much off road wheeling miles on them recently, but hoping to change that this year! they seem to have a bit more siping vs a KM/KM2 or other dedicated mud tire...and so far rain performance at 70+mph on the hwy has been excellent.

re: balancing...when i purchased the set (came with LX450 rims), they were balanced with dynabeads. not bad, but they had a slight shimmy at around 50/110kph. decided to go with standard balancing and have been mint ever since. yes some took a bit more weight, but as long as it balanced i didnt really care. oddly enough when i had the beads in them, when cold & driving off first thing in the morning you could feel them and it felt like the tire had a flat spot. no issues with the standard balancing. i had stick on weights on my previous MT/R's and KM's on 80 wheels, and they rocked & highly recommended, but so far the regular clamp on weights have never fallen off in the 2 years ive had them.

the 35X12.5X16 size look a bit narrower than a 315 counterpart. at least thats what ive noticed anyway, when looking at pics of my 80 vs others with 315s. a bit taller lift in my 80 vs others may be contributing to that illusion perhaps. the only other 35" skinny for 16" i know of is either the q78s or the SSR's, both by interco. going up to 17s opens the door for other sizes & availability, but then you dont get to rock the awesome oem 80 series rim.

bottom line, id get em but in a 37 if your truck can handle em. they're a great all round tire...but of course we all praise what we currently ride haha. are the trxus back in production? as noted they were out for a good while, not available when was looking for them. i lucked out and found 5 with 90% tread on rims for $1k here on mud. but this was 2 years ago...

good luck!

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0470_.jpg

DSC05792.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0470_.jpg

Great tire, but - my Truxus were easy to balance for the first 30- 40%, but after that not so easy and eventually virtually impossible. Hope you have better luck.

PS My truck is a dedicated expedition/wheeling rig no DD

Last edited:
Andrew

my Load D's are 3 ply sidewall, on the side of the 315s MTR/Kevlars it says...

Tread = 5 ply (2 polyester, 2 steel and 1 nylon).
Sidewall = 3 ply (2 polyester and 1 Aramid same as Kevlar)

What do your Load E - 315s Duratracs say?

Anyone else with 315s, wish to post their tire construction details??

Andrew

my Load D's are 3 ply sidewall, on the side of the 315s MTR/Kevlars it says...

Tread = 5 ply (2 polyester, 2 steel and 1 nylon).
Sidewall = 3 ply (2 polyester and 1 Aramid same as Kevlar)

What do your Load E - 315s Duratracs say?

Anyone else with 315s, wish to post their tire construction details??

Thanks for all the info guys. It's great getting some local recommendations.

Glenn, I will check tomorrow as the rig is parked on the street in the rain. :doh: I'm pretty sure it says Sidewall = 3 ply (2 polyester and 1 paper mache)

Andrew,

I greatly recommend getting a set of summers and winters. I know its costly but you can buy winter rated tires (Mountain snowflake ones) that will last. Say your duratracs for example. Keep them for winter and don't wheel or summer drive them.

Cooper STT or Toyo MTs would the route I would go. I wish the STT came in 255/85/16 as toyo is one of the only brands that seem to have that size in a mud terrain.

I'll definitely consider a second set for winter, but no way on the DD vs. wheeling change. I try to get out at LEAST once a month, so that would be a huge head ache. :)

I'm with Toynut regarding siping. Siping a tire is a great idea especially when the tread gets below 50%. Of course you wont get the all so important snow flake symbol. :bang:

Ill be siping my MTR's when they start to need it.

So in considering durability of sidewalls etc would it be worth noting that Andrew is the only guy I know of who managed to bend up one of my t-case skid plates?

I'm thinking the Military spec Michelins might be the best bet here... ;p

FWIW, snapped this on my BFG MT KM2's today.

tread: 5poly/2 steel
side: 3 poly

IMG-20130105-00028.jpg

FWIW, snapped this on my BFG MT KM2's today.

tread: 5poly/2 steel
side: 3 poly

What size, load rating in lbs. and year purchased?
If others provide me this information I will put together a comparison chart, but I need you guys go out and look at the fine print on your tires.:grinpimp:

What size, load rating in lbs. and year purchased?
If others provide me this information I will put together a comparison chart, but I need you guys go out and look at the fine print on your tires.:grinpimp:

Purchased in 2012, Load rating 'E', size 235/85/16 (32")

Andrew where is your tire data? Mileage and failure details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom