Loaner Tool Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.billstengel.com
I’ve accumulated some tools over the course of this Cruiser project that I’ll probably only need to use once or twice, so I figured I’d post them here as available for loan to the NM group since they will just be kicking around after I’ve finished these respective projects.

1FZ front crank bolt removal (for water/oil pumps, front main seal replacement)
3/4” drive 100-600ft/lb Jegs torque wrench
3/4” drive 30mm socket
OTRAMM crank holding tool
3/4” drive breaker bar

Knuckle rebuild
Centering tool from eBay Australia (direct replacement for Toyota part # 09634-60013 or 09634-60014). I had to make a sleeve/spacer so the scribe assembly fit more tightly into the seal bore in the knuckle. Otherwise works as intended. You’ll have to source an 8” caliper as I borrowed one for my rebuild.
I also have the spring gauge from Cruiser Outfitters and a 54mm socket.

I picked up a HF set of metric flare wrenches. Not an expensive item but if you only need to use them once, as I did, and don't want a set of your own kicking around they're also available.

Last edited:
That's very kind of you, thank you.

before I buy one does anyone have the press tool for tacoma/3rd gen 4runner rear axles?

1688065526354.png

Yes. I also have the adapter to do Gen4 4Runners, which I think also does a few other newer axles.
as soon as I figure out what im going to do about the discontinued wheel bearing ill be in contact, am toy told me they would use autozone/oreilleys chinese bearings for service :mad:. its a koyo bearing toyota p/n: 90363-40020-77 or RW130R if anyone has any sources

as soon as I figure out what im going to do about the discontinued wheel bearing ill be in contact, am toy told me they would use autozone/oreilleys chinese bearings for service :mad:. its a koyo bearing toyota p/n: 90363-40020-77 or RW130R if anyone has any sources
That's dumb. It's the same wheel bearing I run on my truck, a total of 45 applications. You can get NSK and Timken at Rockauto.com.

Got koyo at Napa for the ‘94 and ‘88, appeared to be same part number as what I got from marlin. But Napa didn’t have the o-ring. Sorry I already pitched the receipt w part #

I'm looking for a small, portable neutron collider -- one that will fit in the back of my 80-Series. I checked at my local Home Depot tool rental, but they said theirs was rented out...

Got koyo at Napa for the ‘94 and ‘88, appeared to be same part number as what I got from marlin. But Napa didn’t have the o-ring. Sorry I already pitched the receipt w part #
will have to order them but I found koyos at napa under the altrom brand ( https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/ATM2122453 ) unless the proformer and napa bearing lines are koyos too but I cant see markings in the photos

Hello,

I would like to see if anyone has a transmission jack that could be loaned out to me next week? I purchased a cheap one from harbor freight and it was less than desirable for removal of the trans/tc. The goal is to not destroy the fresh rebuild with a cheap-o jack.

Furthermore, if anyone wants to help put the trans/tc back in with me, I will supply the beer of your choice and some pizzas. Not sure yet when the combo will be back in my hands (currently at valley hybrids).

Thanks,
Bryan

Hello,

I would like to see if anyone has a transmission jack that could be loaned out to me next week? I purchased a cheap one from harbor freight and it was less than desirable for removal of the trans/tc. The goal is to not destroy the fresh rebuild with a cheap-o jack.

Furthermore, if anyone wants to help put the trans/tc back in with me, I will supply the beer of your choice and some pizzas. Not sure yet when the combo will be back in my hands (currently at valley hybrids).

Thanks,
Bryan
Hey Bryan,
Just clarifying – you are located in Denver?

Hello,

Thanks,
Bryan

I bought one of those crappy jacks years ago and did the same thing. I used the crappy one to pull the trans and borrowed a good one to stab it.

I don't have a jack to loan to you, but depending on the day I can help.

I have rented a jack from a tool rental place before.

I bought one of those crappy jacks years ago and did the same thing. I used the crappy one to pull the trans and borrowed a good one to stab it.

I don't have a jack to loan to you, but depending on the day I can help.

I have rented a jack from a tool rental place before.
It was a lot of heartache/stress and trying to make life easy for myself.

I would love the help. I’m imaging it will be back from valley hybrids next Wednesday or Thursday.

Hello,

Thanks,
Bryan
Bryan,

Let me fetch the tranny jack and bring it to my house.

that Tranny jack needs an AirTag 🙂

Does anyone have a 1 1/4"-11 1/2 NPT tap that they would be willing to loan for a minute. I need to cut some threads in a cast iron exhaust manifold.

I'm a little confused about the size. I have a 1/2"-14 NPT pipe tap.

pipe tap.jpg

I'm a little confused about the size. I have a 1/2"-14 NPT pipe tap.

View attachment 3400904

Thanks. I need a one and a quarter inch tap with eleven and a half threads per inch. Its a good size sucker, like what would be used for galvanized well pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom