LJ79 with a 3UZFE Swap - Looking for past experiences and issues regarding reliability (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello mates!

It's me again, I have decided not to tinker with my 3L-turbo that's giving me some small issues which I find annoying. Plus, rebuilding it costs quite a bomb here (Malaysia) - probably less than what I am going to embark on but still don't think it's worth it.

So, I have found someone who has a 3uzfe 6speed on a J90 series prado who wants to sell both the engine and gearbox to upgrade to a VD. I was wondering if anybody has experience with the 3uz fitted on the LJ7X series.

The guy has done all of the tuning that is needed for onroad and offroad capabilities. I am just wondering if there are any other things to look at. First thing off my mind would be axles and differentials. Will there be any work that I need to put into it?

Cheers!

I wonder what gear box is that ? Nice proyect

There's a company in New Zealand that did an LJ78/3UZ-FE/A650 swap, it looks like a really well done job. You may be able to get in touch with them to find out some more details about the swap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom