LJ70 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gun Runner 5

ODD IRON OFF ROAD
SILVER Star
Threads
I unfortunately don't have the computer skills to post the link however there is a 1986 LJ70 ( in the States) for sell on Ebay Motors. ( No affiliation)
......1978HJ45

If only "You Tube" had existed back in the 70's when I was struggling with algebra.:) I made the assumption that if someone was interested in a 70 Series that was already located in the States, they would have the ability to locate it on Ebay. It is after all the only 70 Series currently on Ebay Motors.
......1978HJ45

The lj70 on ebay is mine call me if you need any info 505-270-5820 This cruiser is very nice

i'll make a standing offer of $3,500 to the prospective buyer for when the engine goes kaplowee...

:flipoff2:

i'll make a standing offer of $3,500 to the prospective buyer for when the engine goes kaplowee...

There you go seeing the glass "half empty":)
......1978HJ45

nah, he is looking at the "glass half full".
$12,000 (at time of this post) ...
LHD, bonus
high mileage, negative
non-"E" engine, bonus
looks pretty clean, bonus

good luck with the sale.

nah,
a small touch more reliable.
bit better on fuel.
bit better on power.
not near the black smoke.
easier starting.

nah,
a small touch more reliable.
bit better on fuel.
bit better on power.
not near the black smoke.
easier starting.

Well when you put it like that it sure makes the 2L-TE sound inferior.:D
......1978HJ45

i automatically assumed it was a 2LTE, one is a wee bit better off without the "E". just a bit though.

half-full, for me. "look at it this way: you can either spend $3,500 fixing it, or sell it to me and have $3,500 in your pocket." win-win.

my advice? try to take care of it, and drive it until it craps out. when (not if) that happens, don't throw away good money after bad, and look at replacing the engine entirely as opposed to dumping money into a crappy engine. the LJ 70 is a great little unit, and there's lots of feasable options for replacing the engine.

for the price of fixing a blown 2LT(E) head, one could just about swing putting a rebuilt 22R engine in its' place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom