LIVE from the 2007 Trail Team Kokopelli Expedition! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Didn't have a chance to say good bye!
It was nice meeting both of you and make sure that tent is on the roof of the truck next year!!!;)

yeah, everyone split from the gas station quick. I don't even know where you guys went while we were still juicing the tires. I figure you all took the opportunity to shake the trailer trash :hillbilly:
It was good to meet everyone and, sorry, if I go next year, the trailer will be there again. :)

yeah, everyone split from the gas station quick. I don't even know where you guys went while we were still juicing the tires. I figure you all took the opportunity to shake the trailer trash :hillbilly:
It was good to meet everyone and, sorry, if I go next year, the trailer will be there again. :)

We still love you...:hillbilly:

I like the trail report and pics. Some of the Bruisers have decided to plan the same trail for March.

Any advice??

-Ben

Ahh, OK. After the gas-up in Moab we headed south and ended up going straight home. I was in my own bed by midnight that night. Good thing to, I spent the rest of the weekend laying around, sick. I'm still fighting it.

I know the feeling, My voice is back for the most part, but I'm still stuffed up and having sinus headache's. Chris says he can't wait until I'm better because I'm snoring so loud I'm keeping him up. (That's a first :) )

Hi people,
Finally recovered from the finest off road event I have been on to date. Just wanted to send a big thank you to the east coast team (Gustaf, Woody, James, Garret and Troy) for putting on an outstanding event. I had a great time and enjoyed wheeling with and making a bunch of new friends. I also want to say Thanks to Waggoner5 and Treeroot for getting me back to the airport for my flight back home. I look forward to wheeling with you all again in the coming season and the TTT choice expedition for 2008. Take care.
Scott. :cheers:

CrazyHermit,
Looks like you all had a great trip. When Nettie gets her pictures I would love to see them.
Hoping to make the Farmington run but dont know yet.
Did you get a picture of your rig on Top of the World?
I also have some pics of the Gila run and Nettie coming down a steep part, I will send you the link
Take care,
TomasMas
Santa Fe

Nettie and I have decided that we must have an event here in the nether regions of western New Mexico in the spring of 2008. First come first served. Make your reservations early. There are three (3) places to stay,all on the ranch. We are limiting the fun to 10 (ten) vehicles. Just bring your food and beverages. Nettie and I will feed everybody saturday nite. It's a three day event...For those arriving early on friday there will be a night run. Any Questions?

Count me in. I still have all the margarita makings I didn't use for the Gila Run.
When you nail down a date let me know and I will put it on my calendar.
TomasMas

From what I have seen on this Expedition, I think they should eventually do this run again, or make it an annual TLCA event. I am one who wished he could have went, and I know there are tons more. That's my kind of wheeling... expedition style.

Glad you all had a great time!
:bounce2:

Nettie and I have decided that we must have an event here in the nether regions of western New Mexico in the spring of 2008. First come first served. Make your reservations early. There are three (3) places to stay,all on the ranch. We are limiting the fun to 10 (ten) vehicles. Just bring your food and beverages. Nettie and I will feed everybody Saturday night. It's a three day event...For those arriving early on Friday there will be a night run. Any Questions?

Sounds like fun!!! Let us know when, so We can plan appropriately. I would love to see you both again and I know that Chris would love to do a trip to NM!!! Here's to Spring '08 :cheers:

Amanda

Ps. This time Chris and I will bring the FJ

Opinion..... This trail run should be made into a TLCA annual event. Anyone else?

I'd make it an annual event, for sure....

hard part is the group size....the 15-18 we had on the trail was cumbersome...10 would have made things run easier....but at the same time, the group is a large part of what made it so much fun...

either way, a TLCA event with 15 rigs is too small for hosting....the hosting club would fill it with members alone! lol

Well if you all shared all your topo info, GPS coordinates etc with everyone, there could be several runs a year held by various TLCA clubs :D

Stop and Go traveling. Lots of trucks means extra time at every obstical. On this trip in particular the dust from 18 trucks was so thick we spent a good amount of time driving 8 mph.
Another example is with each truck needing 3 minutes to get through a harder spot, thats 30-45 minutes.

Hope that helps.

-Tim

Stop and Go traveling. Lots of trucks means extra time at every obstical. On this trip in particular the dust from 18 trucks was so thick we spent a good amount of time driving 8 mph.
Another example is with each truck needing 3 minutes to get through a harder spot, thats 30-45 minutes.

Hope that helps.

-Tim

It does, thanks. The pics are awesome, but I figured there had to be more to the story and i couldn't quite imagine it.

This isn't an anti-trailer rant, but it makes it much easier if all vehicles in the group have the same general capability and the drivers have he same general disposition.:cool:

Kokopelli was one example. On the Mojave Road a month before the Kokopelli Trail expedition we had 8 FJ's and were stopped by a mixed group of 4x4's ahead of us.

So we waited at least 20 minutes, took off and were on their tail in about 5 minutes because that group was so S-L-O-W. They were polite, let us pass and we continued on. If any of them had been with our group it would have been difficult to manage.

It truly doesn't matter where in the world you are wheeling or not wheeling. When you have a large group of vehicles the length of time needed to go from point A to B is always longer than expected.

Definitely need to pawn that jeep off on someone.... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom