liquid flat repair - worth throwing in the gear bag? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Planning a long range trip into OR desert & wondering if there's any consensus on packing one of the liquid flat repair products...thinking worst case in event i get a second flat, something to limp along for 50 miles or so?

If so it is to be used as a last resort. That stuff is nasty and creates a huge mess when it comes time to remove the old tire and put a new one on. Basically ruins the valve stem as well. That said, I do carry a can of it in my DD Avalon in the event of a second flat since I work in a very remote area hundreds of miles away from home.

For the cruiser I would recommend a good tire plug kit. Generally if a can of fix-a-flat can fix it, so can a plug kit.

Definitely go with a plug kit as primary repair.

As mentioned fix-a-flat is LAST RESORT.

Using fix a flat ruins your tire, and if not removed promptly, your wheel too.

IMG_20200827_115357.jpg

Thanks guys, great advice. On to learning how to do a tire plug.

If you have TPS sensors/valve stems it will ruin them if used. Most TPS sensors are $$.

For the cruiser I would recommend a good tire plug kit. Generally if a can of fix-a-flat can fix it, so can a plug kit.
100% I agree. I got a high quality plug patch kit, and an Australian TyrePlier for desperate times, when the spare is
shot too.

thinking to repair a flat during a long trip in a remote area , I would bring :
1 plenty of tire plugs
2 good compressor
3 some valves
4 tire tube
5 2-3 tire irons
with this set you can tour the world 2 or 3 times

Planning a long range trip into OR desert & wondering if there's any consensus on packing one of the liquid flat repair products...thinking worst case in event i get a second flat, something to limp along for 50 miles or so?

Nope.

Tire plugs and an air compressor.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom