Link bracket ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Whats up with Enduro joints ? I got them for frame side of 4 link , dam things are 2 & 5/16 NOT 2 & 5/8 as the brackets are.

You Did get 1 1/4 correct. the only 2 5/16 are 7/8.

I wouldn't feel bad about a weld washer in there to tighten it up.

Not for the uppers, 1.5 tube , 1/4 wall , 7/8 shank , 9/16 bolt. Not a huge issue just suprised as the 7/8 also come in 2.625 mounting width I just didnt catch the 2 & 5/16.
I am thinking the uppers need a 3 hole weld washer but it make the nut pocket really tight. May not be nec.

The lowers are all 1.25 with 3/4 bolts, the axle end of uppers are 7/8 hiems with 3/4 bolts. All the lowers & axle end uppers will get weld washers.

Did you get long enough bolts to have shank catch both brackets & if so did you trim/cut off the threaded end for the upper nut pocket ?

Danger, thats what I was planning as they sent 4 9/16 weld washers and all my others are 3/4 bolt & cant use em on the adjustable upper so they work perfect for that. I am looking for or will make a 3 hole weld washer for uppers to help keep that 9/16 bolt from bending or do you think that not nec on the upper ?

All my link ends are 1 1/4. with 5/8 bolts. my upper links are 2 inch and lowers are 2 1/4 All Aluminum .

So you did not add anything to the adjustable upper, just drilled out to 5/8 ?
Modifying the rear aux tank is next, then frame cutting, but moving all the crap I wasnt expecting is gonna burn up some time. Fuel pump, filters , wire loom to rear, fuel lines , seemed easy until you crawl under there and realize you need everything in the tool box 1 tool at a time, up, down, up, down, knee replacement anyone........

So you did not add anything to the adjustable upper, just drilled out to 5/8 ?
Modifying the rear aux tank is next, then frame cutting, but moving all the crap I wasnt expecting is gonna burn up some time. Fuel pump, filters , wire loom to rear, fuel lines , seemed easy until you crawl under there and realize you need everything in the tool box 1 tool at a time, up, down, up, down, knee replacement anyone........
Correct just drilled for 5/8 . Now you understand why i pulled the Tub off on Blue build . You have 2.5 months to get it done. Get after it !!!

When there is anything not embarassing I will post up, so far it's a pile of parts, got one bracket done & need to finish weld it, spent some time working out details, I think projects thru to a miserable detail level, dont hav ethe $ to make them look like they do in my mind but I'll dang sure try.
I'll start the build pics once its up on stands and cleaned up ready to weld, that way people can see start to finish.
Firemedic, I was thinking about the ease of work and you are right, a lift off would be ideal, that aint gonna happen, so I plan on cutting windows of floor out to weld frame bracket if nec, I got aluminum sheet and rivets, gonna look like a plane when I'm done.

Embarrassing . We dont want pics from your High School year book :rofl:. We want pics of the 40 .

SOA, custom Alcans, hybrid front axle with a 9.5 LC center and dand 60 from the inner C's out. Custom semi float dana 60 out back, put a 2001 LS lq9 in back in 06' IIRC, sm420, orion, arb's both ends, 120W of solar, sits outside 24/7 since 2000, aluminum roof skin front 1/2, polycarb 8mm double wall, tinted back 1/2.
Pics of the junk when I get started. Oh yeah. e2000 frame rail fuel pump with ford filters & a ford dual tank switch valve. Your gonna love it.

SOA, custom Alcans, hybrid front axle with a 9.5 LC center and dand 60 from the inner C's out. Custom semi float dana 60 out back, put a 2001 LS lq9 in back in 06' IIRC, sm420, orion, arb's both ends, 120W of solar, sits outside 24/7 since 2000, aluminum roof skin front 1/2, polycarb 8mm double wall, tinted back 1/2.
Pics of the junk when I get started. Oh yeah. e2000 frame rail fuel pump with ford filters & a ford dual tank switch valve. Your gonna love it.
Yes, it sounds like I am am going to love it. When do I get to 👀? Ha!

IMG_3917.jpeg

how do you resize a jpeg ? thats about it for now. The 220 makes a big difference with the smaller machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom