lil' help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
sup fellas,

i admittedly have no (read "no") experience with carbs. i have taken the advice of photographing every part (digital rocks) that i take out. sooo anyways....

i pulled it out tonight (the carb), and i'm starting to take it apart. i got allllllll the way to #10 on the exploded diagram. 10 out of like 8 billion. ha ha

i'm tryin to find the float assembly and shaft retainer, etc.
is this within the fuel bowl itself?
i can't locate it on the exterior of the carb (unless i'm just lookin wrong), and am unsure if i should remove the bowl (i think it's still attached somehow)

i'm goin by the numbers on this one (literally), but if i need to switch it up a little, please tell me.

thanks y'all,
malphrus

aight,

it just needed a little more umph.

sorry,
malphrus

yeahyo gehn,

workin on it right in 231 mccabe. ha ha.

i got it figured out, it's just takin time.

i figured, you know, it's friday night, what else to do. ha ha.

have a good one man,
malphrus

I did it last year with the help of the Haynes manual. It's clear and easy. It's worth the 20$ . I remenber that the ''power piston'' (not sure of the name)was not included in my kit from toyota and mixture screw was not the same. ??? Good luck

oh yeah,

i forgot to mention, it's a holley 2 barrel.

not doin too bad now, just smells sooo good up in my room.

ha ha, can't wait til bt (my roommate) comes back. ha ha.

malphrus

What are you using as a cleaner? Some 1,1,1 Trichlorlethelene would be GREAT indoors, as would MEK(methel-ethel-keytone), or laqure thinner too..

A little splish-splash here and there, would make carpet melt, and discolor many indoor decorative items...

Carbs and Chemicals can be fun nite...

Sounds like a great time...

Hope you are at least into a few :beer:'s

Good luck!

-Steve

ha ha, good call poser.

yep, i just finished the disassembly/pre-clean. in the mornin i'm gonna go dip everything (not the rubber, i know. ha ha.) and then put it all back together after lunch.

shouldn't be too bad. i'll put up a couple pics after i'm done.

yeah, the room smells grrrrr-reat! brantley (my roommate) walked in around 1 and said, "man, i can smell you down the hall." ha ha.

y'all have a good one,
malphrus

Reminds me of days gone by....

Thanks for the laughs.. Hope it all works out for ya.

Good luck!

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom