LightForce 240 Blitz mounted on a Slee Shortbus bumper (with spacers) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I picked up some used LightForce 240s from fellow mudder hewinutah (thanks for the easy transaction and good communication :cheers:)..

They are definitely big and my reaction of "man, those look ridiculous" is wearing away as I get used to them.

The lights came with clear covers and I also ordered a set of "Clear Diffuser Covers" and a set of "Blue Snow Covers" from Slee Off-Road. I had the chance to use the Diffuser Covers on a night run a few weeks ago and they worked well to push the light outward to illuminate the left and right sides of the trail (without shining upward to the mirrors of the truck in front of me).

They are powered with the Slee "Upgrade" and "Auxiliary" harnesses and switched in the cab with a $10 4-Runner/Tacoma fog switch (P/N 00550-35976 info here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/312727-how-wiring-toyota-oem-fog-light-switch.html)

When mounted on the light tabs in the valley of the bumper, there wasn't any room to adjust them side-to-side or up-and-down (they were pointed a bit upward and out to the sides). I made some 4" spacers (two washers welded on either side of a section of pipe) to give them some room to move around. I made the spacers 4" so that I could point the lights downward fairly far (last image in the next post, below). However, after the recent night run, I realized that I would never need to point the lights downward that much. If I were to do it again, I'd make the spacers shorter by at least an inch. A shorter spacer would also look better as the light would be tucked into the valleys of the bumper a little more.

There aren't many pictures of these lights mounted on Shortbus bumpers, so here are some.

DSC_0034.jpg
DSC_0035.jpg
DSC_0036.jpg

Some more images:

DSC_0037.jpg
DSC_0038.jpg
DSC_0039.jpg

You aren't kidding those things are HUGE! I bet they put out a $#!^ pile of light though

looks good. Are they HIDS?

Wow - those are big lights. If you get a chance post a night shot with the lights on. Nice looking setup!

Nice set up.....looks great! Let's see them lit up!

looks good. Are they HIDS?

No, they're not HIDs. Here are the specs from the LightForce website:

• 12V 100 watt Xenophot® 2000 hour bulb (24V halogen version available)
• LIGHT OUTPUT (12V) | 730 000 candela | 1 lux @ 900 m
• Lightweight polycarbonate, glass filled nylon composite construction
• Gore-tex ®breather (IP57/67/68/IP69K) to protect against moisture/contaminant ingress
• CLEAR SPOT clip-on polycarbonate filter supplied | Others available
• WEIGHT (single unit) 880g | 1lb 15oz

Wow - those are big lights. If you get a chance post a night shot with the lights on. Nice looking setup!

Here's a shot with the diffuser covers installed:

259780_870408567201_11014177_42770676_7289726_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom