lighter load and braking ...

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by T Y L E R, Jul 20, 2003.

1. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Hi ,

I just removed the rear seats today , and it occurred to me that without that extra weight I may have more of a nose-down attitude than before . Imagine that , as I get fitter my 80 is losing it's fat ass as well *rofl* .. ahem , so the question I have is this . If the 80's rear does come up some , will that affect the brake proportioning ?

So far it feels pretty normal , and I wonder if that is due , in part , to the fact that the brakes are stopping a little less mass ...

Tyler

2. landtank

landtank SILVER Star

Those seats aren't that heavy and I wouldn't worry about the proportioning valve.

So how's the luxury man cave? Hope things are well with you.

3. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Rick ,

Thanx for the input . I still lack a dining room table , so I'm heading down to Toronto to pick up the oak table I grew up with at my folks place . Thought without the seats I'd have a better chance of fitting them . Other than that things are pretty much the same ... though I've never eaten so healthy *G* Tons of fruit , veggies .. even got out the 'ol wok :p Cut the bulk down to 215lbs from 230 . As soon as my powertec rack arrives , I should be back to top form ... 8)

Drop me a line , and let me know how the house is coming ...

Cheers ,

T

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.