Lift spring question... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I read this on the tech links...

"Height is a big issue with spring overs. The most common question is, “I forked down $1,600 for an Old Man Emu suspension kit (or some other lift kit), can I still use it?”

Yes, you can, but for every inch of lift you have, add another 5-6” for the conversion to it. So if you have 2.5” lift springs, you are going to have about an 8.5” lift, which is tall, more than tall enough to run 37’s on any Land Cruiser. General folk lore is that a SOA on somewhat flat, stock springs will easily allow you to run 35" tires. In some cases, you can even run 37” tires with a SOA with stock springs."

The article says 2.5" lift springs...so My question is this, how much of a "lift spring" would a '97 F150 leaf spring be over a stock 40 spring? Does that make sense? how can you or do you measure how much lift one spring will have as opposed to another?

???

I know a guy running 37's with Emu's and slightly longer greasable shackles :flipoff2: Of course there was a 'little' trimming needed ::)

As for springs, compare static arch and spring rates. Then figure out how you want to install those long F150 springs. Sum up the numbers and theres your lift. Then mount them up and be prepared to have to adjust height to level the truck. Since there are many ways this swap can be done, unless you duplicate someone elses work, your results WILL vary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom