lift measurements on a 4" lift...help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So i have been rinding around since november thinking i had a 4" lift on my 40 and i finally saw another 40 and this was sitting a lot higher. I asked how much lift and the guy said 4". He was running the same tires as me and his lookes like they fit much better too. How far is it from the frame next to the bump stop[ to the top of the axle on your fj40 with 4" of lift I am trying to get some measurements to compare to mine. any help would be appreciated. Oh.. his had the heavy as hell 2f also. I guess guys with sbc's could post too but if it has a 2f i think it would give a better idea

this is the driver side front tire.  with the tape sitting on the spring, it looks like about 11 inches.

4inch1.jpg

4inch2.jpg

Thanks.  I am going down to check it now.  Its 12" and I guess it is a 4" lift after all. I was a little concerned because to go along with my envy of the other dude's lift, I am also getting terrible rubbing in the back end. Matter of fact, last time i wheeled, i bent the body on the passenger side when i stuffed the tire in back. I am running 33x12.50s on 15x10 wheels. All this and some of the guys on here are running 35x12.50s with 4" and no fender trimming. how are they doing it without beating the hell out of their fenders?

Rusman-Click on the image button
img.gif

and then paste the url of your pic (not the page its on, you need the url of the actual pic) where it says URL in between some code junk.

They may be running longer shackles...I'm running 1" longer than stock on my bds 4" lift to let the springs flatten more on compression. I did take the second leaf from the bottom out of all 4 packs to let them actually flex:) I run q78 swampers...the go 36x11.00...

Rusman-Click on the image button
and then paste the url of your pic (not the page its on, you need the url of the actual pic) where it says URL in between some code junk.

thanks for the techno-jargon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom